Cookie Bouquet For Realtor

Decorating By luv2cake Updated 15 Sep 2005 , 9:15pm by luv2cake

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 25

I have a realtor friend who was wanting me to put together a cookie bouquet for her to purchase and give to her customers when they take possession of their new houses as a thank you gift.

I know that I can put in some house shaped cookies, maybe some flowers, some birds. I am needing some other ideas on how to make this really cute. If she likes it, not only will she be buying them, but she will show them to her whole office of realtors! I want to do a good job.

I am also looking for any cute sayings to include in the bouquet, either written on a cookie, or a card or something.

Thanks!
Brandi

24 replies
rachell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachell Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 25

I would probably include some household items shaped cookies(water can, teapot, etc), Also you can use a rectangle or oval shaped cookie cutter and make a "welcome mat" cookie.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 25

ooohhh....love the welcome mat idea - instead of just writing welcome on it, you could write welcome home! You could do houses, welcome home mats, and square cookies iced to look like a fireplace...I think a combination of those three would make a great bouquet! And then you could place them in a metal watering can that they can use later either as decoration, a vase or to actually water their flowers! You could also attach a card with a coordinating color ribbon to the handle of the watering can with welcome home on the front and then on the back a happy wish for them in their new home then your name & contact info...maybe even include the recipe for the cookies you used. Hmmmm...you've gotten me thinking!! icon_rolleyes.gif I just might have to drop by a couple of real estate offices with samples!! lol icon_lol.gif What a great way to make money!!! thumbs_up.gif

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 25

I was surfing the net the other day looking for cookie ideas and I came across so many different sites by just typing designer cookies into the search engine.. Here is one of the sites I came across.. Hope this helps.. Good luck with your cookie bouquet , it sounds like a fabulous idea. Please post a pic of it to show us when you are done..Happy Baking.
icon_smile.gif Liz
http://www.cookiesbythecrate.com/index.html

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 25

What about a sold sign or two?!

luv2cake Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 25

Thank you so much! I too have been looking at different website for ideas. I have found some really cute things. I appreciate your help!

Today I went to the Dollar Tree (dollar store) and I found some really cute mugs, decorated flower pots, baskets, metal containers, etc. for $1 each and they'd be prefect for cookie bouquets of all sizes. Just an idea.

threeguysandagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeguysandagirl Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 25

I just saw that www.kitchengifts.com has a for sale sign cookie cutter that you could design with the realotrs name and have a sold sign on top.

Can't wait to see pics of the final product.

Melissa

angelcake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcake4u Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 9:10pm
post #8 of 25

What about a cookie shaped like a house key?

"Key to your Future"

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 3:08am
post #9 of 25

how about "welcome to 12345 Street Name" on cookies.

meandmine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meandmine Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 3:25am
post #10 of 25

i am a retired realtor and I think that is a wonderful idea if the realtor told you hwo many were in the family you could make one for each membr or a pet you can put a little note with the flowers that says thanks a bunch. one that says home sweets home on a house shaped cookie a heart shape one that say home is where the heart is. or a pair of shoes that says there's no place like home. have fun and remember to put your card in there some where because you too are networking. have fun and good luck i hope that it brings you plenty of sells.

JennT Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 3:26am
post #11 of 25

Just had another idea! You could also offer the realtors the option of having a boquet done in the theme of some of the buyer's interests. Sometimes realtors really get to know their customers likes/dislikes and hobbies, leisure activities, etc. For instance: If the person is a golfer or woodworker or loves to garden, cook, sew, shop, etc. It just gives them more options...I know it wouldn't make the production of the boquets any more streamlined as with just the "new house" theme, but some realtors are very personal with their buyers & would like to know that you offer more options.

Also - with the first few realtors (maybe all from the same office) offer them a real deal on the price...not so cheap you don't make anything, though...but just enough to entice them to try so you can "get your foot in the door". Have them agree to you putting a tag or small card attached with ribbon or something that has your contact info and a little bit about your business, as well as a congratulations or welcome home note. This way, even though you've given them a little discount, you're exchanging it for advertising!! Something that doesn't come that cheap! If your cookies are great & especially if they're new to the area, your bound to get business from some of the people buying the houses from the realtors...plus there's word of mouth...they'll tell their neighbors, friends about the really cute, extremely yummy cookie bouquet their realtor gave them and so on.... icon_smile.gif

luv2cake Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 12:37pm
post #12 of 25

You guys are full of great ideas!

I have questioned putting my card in the boquet though since I am not licensed. I have just been selling cakes and cookies to friends and family, and this realtor is my friend. Do you think I could put my card in the bouquet without any trouble?

Trust me, I want the business and the advertising, but I just don't want any trouble from the health dept. or the IRS, etc...
Looking for any opinions on this issue!

Brandi

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 4:10pm
post #13 of 25

well, could you possibly get a liscence? if you had a liscence than you could put all your information on a card, w/o one you really arent supposed to advertise yourself. maybe you could sell the cookies to the realators for a higher price....they are getting a custom gift so they should pay for it. then maybe you could slip in a small something about this was made for you by ......at .....number then your not really advertising but giving information about where it came from.

i do not have a lics. yet but i make desserts for a business that does weedend scrapbook retreats. (i get paid in scrapbook supplies so it is awsome!) now, i dont advertise, but the return clients know that that the dessert will be wonderful and they look forward it it.
good luck!
keep us posted!
melody

JennT Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 4:44pm
post #14 of 25

Yeah, I think Medolyscakes is right....if you're not licensed and you're really concerned about it, just charge the realtor the full price and maybe tuck a little business type card in there with "this was made especially for you by....at....number", etc. Or maybe even..."Homemade for you by...at...number," that way there's no implication of a "business"....lol.

It's such a great idea, though, luv2cake! Definitely not something you'd have to be doing every time you turn around, unless you just get lots of realtors wanting bouquets!! Great way to make some extra $$! icon_smile.gif

luv2cake Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 5:58pm
post #15 of 25

Well I cannot become licensed unless I rent a kitchen somewhere. I cannot become licensed as long as I plan to prepare my cakes and cookies from home which I currently do. I don't know taht I have enough business to start renting a place.

I do think that your ideas of putting in a little card would work. That's what I will do for now. I am excited about this little venture. I went and bought all the supplies I will need for my "example" basket to show my realtor friend!

You guys have really encouraged me these last few days and I really appreciate it!

luv2cake Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 5:23pm
post #16 of 25

I just posted my finished cookie bouquet in my album of my sample to show my realtor friend. I hope she likes it. I took so many good ideas from you guys and Ialso found some great ideas on cookie bouquet websites.

The hardest part was wrapping the silly thing in the plastic. I think it was a 2-person job, but it was just me and my 13 month old son. icon_razz.gif

I also am sending along single cookies that are individually wrapped. All these cookies took so long to do, so now I understand why companies charge so much for their cookie bouquets. I also have a price sheet printed up to send along with this sample basket.

This was fun!
What do you think??

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 5:32pm
post #17 of 25

Love them!!! They turned out really good! I'm sure they will bring you a lot of business!!

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikegal Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 5:56pm
post #18 of 25

luv2cake, here's a link for you. Just saw this house box and thought of your post. http://www.richkatproducts.com/boxco.asp?page=11&catid=0&boxtype=0 Your cookie bouquet looks great!

bikegal

luv2cake Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 6:25pm
post #19 of 25

Thank you so much!

Thanks bikegal for that website. It looks like they have a lot of things I want to buy! My mind is just racing at all the cookie bouquets that I could make and those boxes would be perfect.

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 7:49pm
post #20 of 25

luv2cake I just looked in the galleries and saw your cookie bouquet and cookies.. They are fantastic.. You did such a great job on them I am sure your friend will love them . They definately are a lot of work and I can see you spent a lot of time on yours. Did you decide if you were going to include a card with them. I really think you should. I made some cards to include in my bouquets.. I just did them up using a scrapbooking program I have . I hope you get tons of orders , your cookies are fabulous!
Liz

luv2cake Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 8:12pm
post #21 of 25

Actually I did go with a card. It simply says "Homemade Just for You" along with my name and phone number. It has a cute flower on it. It simple but fun. Hopefully I will get a lot of orders!

Thanks for your compliments!

JennT Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 8:17pm
post #22 of 25

You're boquet looks just perfect!!! Wonderful job you did....be proud of yourself! thumbs_up.gif It looks so professional and the presentation is awesome! icon_smile.gif

luv2cake Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 8:40pm
post #23 of 25

Thanks JennT. You guys make me feel so good! icon_biggrin.gif

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 8:52pm
post #24 of 25

luv2cake,

Your cookies are awesome! What kind of frosting did you use to decorate? I'm still playing with different kinds of cookie frosting and wanted to get your thoughts and opinions. Thanks.

luv2cake Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 9:15pm
post #25 of 25

On these particuliar cookies I used royal icing flavored with almond. In the past I have also glazed the cookies first and then decorated them with royal icing. Royal icing is a sweet, almost crunchy icing once it is dry. I have also used MMF in the past and I found that it tastes good and it makes the whole cookie seem soft and chewy.

I can't decide which I like better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%