What Are You Offering.....

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 12 Jan 2012 , 1:33pm by MimiFix

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 6

for Valentine's Day?

Any one offering anything special for Valentine's Day and how much are you charging?

Normally I do chocolate covered starwberries. I have two different prices for them. $10 for strawberries dipped in milk chocolate with some white chocolate/pink drizzle. $15 for strawberries dipped in milk chocolate some will have mini choco chips, pecans, sprinkles, oreo bits, and white chocolate/pink drizzle. I'll also do some cookies (lips and hearts) for $3.00 ea and maybe some cake balls, but I'm not sure since there so time consuming.

5 replies
Susan0614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan0614 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 6

I was planning to do a small heart shaped cake ( 4-6 inch) with some scroll work or something but Haveing a hard time finding the right size cake pan.
So I am going to be offering some heart shaped cupcakes in Red Velvet and Chocolate with butter cream in Pink or Red 4 for 6.00 I am just searching for some 4 count cupcake boxes now so I can have it all in order before I post my sale on my website.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 6

Heart-shaped mini cakes (I use a large cookie cutter and cut them out of a sheet cake) with different colors of modeling chocolate and lettering (to look like conversation hearts), RV cupcakes with prickly pear icing (it's the most beautiful pink), heart-shaped cake pops dipped in red and white candy melts with sprinkles.

I think I'm going to have my fill of red real quick!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 6

@Susan0614- I have seen boxes for 4 cupcakes before. I dont remember seeing the plastic ones.

@jgifford- that sounds like a great idea.

I think I'll offer cupcakes but I dont want to offer all kinds of things. I wanted to keep it simple so I can focus on what I'm selling.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 11:58am
post #5 of 6

I always offer my full menu, but I will have two specials, RV (cake or cupcake) and a cheesecake (mini and full sized) in two flavors.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 1:33pm
post #6 of 6

I have heart shaped paper baking pans (disposable) and have filled with my usual Danish Apple Walnut Cakes but ice with a white buttercream instead of the streusel topping. "You're the Apple of my Eye" is written across the top. Seven inch cake sells for $18 and move faster than any chocolate item, especially at farmers' markets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%