Organizing Orders And Contracts

Business By baddogcakes Updated 10 Jan 2012 , 3:12pm by kaat

baddogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baddogcakes Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 3:41am
post #1 of 4

Hi all! I am a small time decorator working out of my house. I get an average of 4 to 8 orders a month. Currently I make my order notes in a notebook and make a small note on the family calendar.
What methods to you all use? Also I'm looking for a good order form/contract to use for clients. Anything anyone wants to share? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

3 replies
nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:09am
post #2 of 4

bump

schmulie14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schmulie14 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:24am
post #3 of 4

Cake Boss! I love it. I can organize quotes and orders, print out lists and my calendar. I also like the nice professional invoices the program generates. Such a good investment!

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 4

I made up some order sheets with the info I would need for each cake - Client info: name, contact numbers, dates, pick up or delivery location etc. and Cake info: size, flavours, colours, description. and account info: price, when due, deposit, paid. It all fits on one sheet.
I bought a three ring binder and page protectors. I keep a stack of the info sheets in the last folder.
When I get an order I fill in a sheet and place it in the page protector, any other info, sketches, invitations etc. also gets put in the same folder. I keep them in order of date. It keeps everything together and keeps me organized.
When I'm done the info page gets marked complete and moved to the back of the folder. At the end of the year I file them.
I also keep a year calendar taped to the front inside of the binder for easy reference.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%