Baby Butt Cake

Decorating By MUAKPsi Updated 10 Jan 2012 , 4:20pm by brenda549

MUAKPsi Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 2:25am
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I've been asked to do a baby shower cake for this weekend. Customer wants the baby butt coming out of the blanket style cake. I don't have the sports ball pan so I'm researching them. I see Wilton has a "sports ball" pan which is 6" in diameter and the "soccer ball" pan which is 8". Which would you recommend? I'll be placing it on a 12" round.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Natalie

2 replies
justkakey Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 3

When I did a baby butt cake I didn't have the sports ball cake pan either, so I just baked four 8" round cakes and torted and stacked three of them to about 6-7" high and carved them down for the round shape. Then I sliced up the extra cake for the legs and made the feet out of rice krispies treats covered in fondant.

brenda549 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 3

I did not use a ball pan either. I baked several 6 inch rounds, stacked, put in freezer to harden, then carved. Having the ball does not give you a special advantage, since baby bottoms are not exactly round like a ball. If you look at a picture of a sleeping baby, their bottom protrudes and there is a slight slope along their back. I wanted to get this effect.

My baby bottom was placed on a 10 inch round cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%