Baby Butt Cake

Decorating By MUAKPsi Updated 10 Jan 2012 , 4:20pm by brenda549

MUAKPsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MUAKPsi Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 2:25am
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I've been asked to do a baby shower cake for this weekend. Customer wants the baby butt coming out of the blanket style cake. I don't have the sports ball pan so I'm researching them. I see Wilton has a "sports ball" pan which is 6" in diameter and the "soccer ball" pan which is 8". Which would you recommend? I'll be placing it on a 12" round.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Natalie

2 replies
justkakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justkakey Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 3

When I did a baby butt cake I didn't have the sports ball cake pan either, so I just baked four 8" round cakes and torted and stacked three of them to about 6-7" high and carved them down for the round shape. Then I sliced up the extra cake for the legs and made the feet out of rice krispies treats covered in fondant.

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 3

I did not use a ball pan either. I baked several 6 inch rounds, stacked, put in freezer to harden, then carved. Having the ball does not give you a special advantage, since baby bottoms are not exactly round like a ball. If you look at a picture of a sleeping baby, their bottom protrudes and there is a slight slope along their back. I wanted to get this effect.

My baby bottom was placed on a 10 inch round cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%