British Country Side Themed Cake

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 13 Jan 2012 , 11:13pm by Panel7124

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone please help me. Somebody wants me to make them a 50th birthday cake with a british country side theme and the only thing I can think of is cows! I told him I will get back to him tomorrow about ideas. I would be very grateful if any of you CCers can reply back with links of pictures :0

Thanks

7 replies
kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 8

I remember seeing lots of farm-themed cakes when researching a FarmVille cake. Type it in the search and see what you come up with. Makes me think of the movie "Babe." Don't forget the pigs and sheep!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 8

I suggest you go to Google Images and search for "British countryside"--there's an awful lot that is not farms. When I read the original post, I immediately thought of green fields, stone fences, hedgerows, big deciduous trees, tiny villages (three or four stone buildings, one of which is a church) surrounded by rolling hills and fields, plus sheep, streams, and much more.

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks Shanter. I e-mailed the customer a picture of a cake with sheep and a cow on it and he doesn't want anything farm related. What you have suggested all sound very good ideas but I really need to do something simple and effective as I am not that experienced. Does anyone have any ideas? Or pictures that you have seen?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 8

How about an undulating (not flat) top of the cake, all-over green grass, and some random (crazy-quilt-like, not a grid) stone fences done with candy rocks? Or all green grass with a little replica of Stonehenge? Or all green grass/wheat field with a simple crop circle done in a lighter icing?

Rach82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rach82 Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 8

Hi

When I hear British countryside I imagine big open fields, winding narrow country roads, stone walls, stiles & a country pub. Here's some images for you.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=british%20countryside&gbv=2&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1234l4375l0l4625l19l18l0l3l3l2l375l2954l0.9.4.2l15l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Hope they help
Rach

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 8

I've seen rolling hills covered with heath! A beautiful purple color.

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 8

A thatched cottage with a small beautiful garden full of flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%