Doctored Dh Chocolat Cake

Baking By klamb17 Updated 8 Jan 2012 , 10:10pm by klamb17

klamb17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klamb17 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 4

I have a recipe that adds volume to box cake, which I really love in the butter vanilla DH cake mix. It even stands up to carving. Now the chocolate DH cake comes out to soft and crumbles to easy and it way harder to carve. I really don't know the difference. Can somone please share a doctored DH chocolate recipe? I have just tried adding just a box of chocolate pudding and an extra egg, but still to soft.

Oh and I have never ate the DH white cake, what does it taste like? I was thinking about using it for birthday shower cake and adding some blue food coloring. I am hooked on the butter vanilla cake lol.

Thanks

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 4

Have you tried my *original* WASC recipe? I have used that w/DH from time to time though my favorite go-to brand was Betty Crocker. It extends a box mix well; making it carvable, moist and oh so tasty icon_smile.gif
http://cakecentral.com/recipe/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

klamb17 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 4

No I sure haven't. Do you mix it in with the box mix? If you don't mind me asking what does WASC mean? lol sorry new to cakes.

klamb17 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 4

Oh duh...you have the link lol. I just used DH because the box had it was great for wilton classes, is betty crocker better?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%