How To Get Cream Color

Baking By shiney Updated 9 Jan 2012 , 7:32pm by shiney

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 7

I've searched, but can't find answer. Can anyone tell me how to get a cream color. I want to get it right the first time, becuase I'm doing RBC and it will be harder to fix.

6 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 7

Try Americolor ivory. You only need a tiny bit. The color will deepen as it sits, so you may want to color a small sample of your icing and see how it develops over several hours.

cangela4re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cangela4re Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 7

For cream or ivory it should just be white with a tiny bit of brown

Since there are soooooo many shades of "off white" nobody but you can determine the "right" one its really too broad of a question IMHO

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 7

Just be sure you DON'T use Wilton Ivory color. It will turn a rusty, rancid orangy color. It's done in every medium I've used it in, bc, fondant, even plaster.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 7

I just went a round trying to get ivory/cream. I tried Americolor brown, which turned light pink for me. I tried Wilton Ivory, which turned peachy. Americolor Ivory was the only one that worked for me. It made a very soft and warm ivory/cream, very pleased with that. Too bad I had to waste all the other fondant before getting the Americolor Ivory. I had to make ivory loops for a wedding cake (http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2229600/plantation-wedding

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 8:56am
post #6 of 7

You can use the regular brown-colored vanilla.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, Y'all! I tried just a little brown into the white RBC, and it wasn't quite right, so I put just a touch of Americicolor flesh color. It was perfect! You could actually add a little more flesh color to get a pretty champagne color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%