What Are These Used For The Topping?

Decorating By designdiva22 Updated 9 Jan 2012 , 2:30pm by MsGF

designdiva22 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 7

I found these pictures of cake pops that seem to use some kind of candy for the topping but I can't think of what these are or where to find them... any help would be appreciated! Thanks!




6 replies
melanie-1221 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 7

If you are referring to the little white candies they are nonpareils. I buy mine at the grocery store in the baking aisle.

Texas_Rose Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 7

I'm guessing they use small chocolate molds for the clover, rose, bow and crown.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EDW0Q0/?tag=cakecentral-20

MsGF Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 7

If you mean the little white sprinkles, I have a jar. they are Wilton Sprinkles, White Nonpareils

The clover, rose, crown and bow are probably just fondant pressed into a little silicone mold. I've seen them on Ebay & Etsy. Try this link for an example.


designdiva22 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 12:42am
post #5 of 7

Thanks.. I know the non-pareils... I meant the clover, crown, bow and the rose.

The molds on Etsy seem like it but don't they look like prepared candy?

cangela4re Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 12:59am
post #6 of 7

Its probably because theyre made out of colored chocolate...thus the candy look...just guessing...thats what I would do

MsGF Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 7

The molds on Etsy are food safe. I have looked into different ones. Not all of them though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%