Lovelyladylibra Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 12:57pm
post #1 of

Does anyone else do this? I was currently able to convert it to two different cookie flavors but Im currently trying to convert it to Strawberry and I have no clue where to start. Strawberrys have so much liquid so of course I would have to add more flour. Usually when I add more flour I add a little more sugar, but strawberrys are naturally sweet (or whatever they're actually pretty tart to me) So should I deduct the sugar instead?

Is this even making any sense lol. Thank you to anyone who can understand and trys to help

14 replies
Marianna46 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 6:49pm
post #2 of

Could you use pureed strawberries for your liquid and add a little strawberry flavoring for good measure? I'm like you - I love to experiment with recipes, especially one as good as the NFSC.

Lovelyladylibra Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 11:52pm
post #3 of

I think thats the route ill go, Ill try it tomorrow and reply with how it went icon_smile.gif

Momofjaic Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 12:30am
post #4 of

What other flavors have you converted it to?? Just wondering.

Marianna46 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 2:27am
post #5 of

I don't know about Lovelyladylibra, but I've made orange, almond and lemon cookies.

MadMillie Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 3:07am
post #6 of

If you use KHalsteds Modified NFSC, then maybe you could use strawberry pudding if they make such a thing, or maybe strawberry jello.

Lovelyladylibra Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 3:58am
post #7 of

I've made red velvet and I've made citrus.
Ive seen recipes used with the jello but id rather real strawberries in mine.

Marianna46 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 12:52pm
post #8 of

Oh, my, those sound mouth-watering!

Lovelyladylibra Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 3:51pm
post #9 of

thank you icon_smile.gif

Momofjaic Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 6:00pm

Would you mind sharing you red velvet nfsc?

Momofjaic Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 6:02pm

And what type of icing do you use?

karateka Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 9:00pm

I've seed dried strawberries in Whole Foods. You could chop those up into a powder and add that to your cookies. Not sure how much you'd need or if you'd need to sub it for some of your flour, but you wouldn't have to worry with liquid.

I believe I've seen fruit powders somewhere on line, too...maybe Chef Rubber? Not sure...

CWR41 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 9:19pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

I believe I've seen fruit powders somewhere on line, too...maybe Chef Rubber? Not sure...

Yes, Chef Rubber has it:
http://www.shopchefrubber.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

karukaru Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 3:58am

I would love the Red Velvet NFSC recipe as well. can you pm me the instructions? thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Lovelyladylibra Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 4:54am

Thanks everyone, I successfully made the strawberry cookies and have posted it into the recipes section. As for red velvet Sugarbelles just posted a recipe on her blog. the only thing different about hers than mine is I used liquid buttermilk with a little more flour so basically identical recipes. enjoy!

Im working on lavender lemon now icon_smile.gif something for the spring!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%