Sugar Cookies

Business By liznb2369 Updated 8 Jan 2012 , 4:31am by BlakesCakes

liznb2369 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 5

i have about 3 dozen cars themed sugar cookies to make for the end of the month. wondering how soon i can start them? they will each be individually wrapped in a treat bag. Would they still be ok if i started working on them the beginning of next week? TIA!

4 replies
Marianna46 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, no problem as long as you wrap them soon after they've dried. Otherwise, they might start absorbing humidity and get all soft and mushy.ñ

costumeczar Posted 7 Jan 2012 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

I'd make the decorations for them ahead of time out of modelling chocolate or fondant, then bake the cookies a couple of days before you need them. All you'd have to do is put the decoration on them when they come out of the oven, then let them cool off. I wouldn't bake them that far in advance as next week if they're for the end of the month, personally.

liznb2369 Posted 7 Jan 2012 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 5

thanks for the responses! I'll probably wait another week or so to start working on them!

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 4:31am
post #5 of 5

You can also make the cookies in advance--naked or decorated, freeze them, defrost in the fridge while still in sealed storage container, and remove from the airtight container once they come to room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%