How Can I Get Rid Of Bubbles In My Cake Mix?

Baking By imnamor95 Updated 21 Jan 2012 , 3:26pm by imnamor95

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 5

I read on here somewhere to bang the bottom of the cake pan and then cut thru the batter with a knife. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get even bigger holes in my cake, lol. What is the best way to go about doing this? Thx! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 5

well first make sure you are not over mixing your batter, also if your using a kitchen aid make sure you are using the paddle attachment and never on high speed I do not mix ocer speed 2. if oyu still get bubbles bang your pan a few time after filling it to get them to rise to the top.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 5

I mix my batter on the lowest speed and only for 1.5 minutes. Then I pour it into the prepared pan and right before the batter leaves the bowl I take the back of the spatula and kind of smush it against the side of the bowl before it falls into the pan. This helps to break some of the bubbles. Then I slam it against the counter for a good minute or two. I slam it until no more bubbles rise to the top.

Annie

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 5

We have all heard about banging/slamming the pan but that can cause cracks/damage to the pan over time. Bounce the pan once or twice then let it just sit on the counter up to about 5 minutes. The bubbles will rise on their own and you can use a toothpick or tip of a pointy knife to 'pop' them

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 5

ty all for ur advice! about to try it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%