What Fillings Would Freeze Well For 1 Week?

Decorating By doramoreno62 Updated 8 Jan 2012 , 5:25pm by Marianna46

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 5

I have a friend who will visit with us this weekend. She wants to take a cake cake home with her for her friends birthday party which will be on the 14th of January. I will be baking and decorating it this weekend so she may take it home with her Sunday night and freeze it when she gets home. My question is, Which fillings freeze well? I'm not too concerned about the cake or frosting (Pastry Pride) being frozen for 1 week but I'm more concerned about the filling. Obviously no fresh fruit fillings would do well. Any ideas?

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 5

I always fill with buttercream or ganache and these freeze with no problem. There's a peanut butter filling with butter and brown sugar in the recipe section here that would freeze fine, too, as long as nobody has any peanut allergies.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Jan 2012 , 12:30am
post #3 of 5

You could mix fruit jam w/Pastry Pride.
There are soooooo many things that could be mixed w/PP -Oreo type cookie curmbs; crushed candies; peanutbutter &/or jelly; any flavored ice cream topping; canned pie filling; are just a few idea it use either alone or mixed w/the PP.
You don't say what flavor the cake will be so it's hard to come up w/anything specific.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 9:05am
post #4 of 5

Thanks everyone for your help. She decided on chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling. And kakeladi I love the versatility of PP. I decorate all my cakes with it!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 5

Hi, kakeladi. I was reading over your suggestions for fillings and they sound really good. Funny, I never think to do interesting things with my buttercream to make the filling different from the icing, but you've inspired me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%