New Business - Deposits, Policies, Contracts Etc

Business By SamHarrison Updated 9 Jan 2012 , 1:49am by katta87_2005

SamHarrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SamHarrison Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 4

I'm a pretty new business, I started last year and at the moment I have no contracts or policies for deposits etc in place. I was wondering if people could tell me what srt of policies they have in place and what I should definitely have. At the moment, the only thing I have said is for customers of wedding cakes t pay in full 2 weeks before the wedding and all other cakes people pay for on pick up. I'd like to have a deposit scheme in place so I don't run the risk of people booking then either forgetting or chaging their mind and me being stuck with a cake and a loss of money. I have several wedding cales this year and I want to design some forms for someone to sign on site on receipt of the cake to say it's in good condition etc so I won't get any issues afterwards etc.
Any legal advice, opinions and tips would be very much appreciated!
Thanks
Sam

3 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 4

You can check the Templates section in Galleries for examples of contracts, order forms, etc. And go to websites for ordering guidelines, refund policies, etc. Sounds like you're in great shape so far. Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

SamHarrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SamHarrison Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 11:46am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your help!

katta87_2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katta87_2005 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 1:49am
post #4 of 4

I'm just in the 1st stages of develping my business plan, but from everything I've heard it's best to get a lawyer to draft up some for you, that way if there are any problems you would be protected. Good luck with your business, it sounds like your doing good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%