Refusal To Pay Cake, Le Bron, Florida

Decorating By BizCoCos Updated 8 Jan 2012 , 4:39am by myslady

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 7 Jan 2012 , 3:10pm
post #61 of 63

The sad part of all this hoopla, is that I think she is getting more negative press than positive. Stating that a cake of that size and decoration is worth $3000 (even if that would be her normal price) might turn off more uneducated potential clients than bring her new business. The classy thing to have done would have been to thank the venue for giving her the opportunity to make a cake for a "star" even if it wasn't used. Taking the high road is not always the easiest thing to do.

Andrea0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andrea0730 Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 3:34am
post #62 of 63

She obviously has a great reputation in the area to be chosen in the first place to make a cake for him, so that is fantastic. Hopefully that reputation is not damaged with all of the negative press swirling around this event. Everyone wants to be remembered, but no one wants to be remembered as the decorator whose cake wasn't good enough, so I doubt she would be happy with how this is all playing out. Such a sad break. Luckily, like I said, she obviously has a great following already, so those people love her cakes from first-hand knowledge, not media interpretation.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 4:39am
post #63 of 63

I wonder if the top tier settled or something after it was delivered because thats the only tier with issues,
the others are ok.

I wonder what she wants out of this after taking it publicly so soon. Lebron didnt reject the cake nor did he agree to take a picture with her, someone else did, so why is she blaming him. (and im not even a fan of his)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%