Posting 2+ Pictures In One?

Lounge By cakesrock Updated 4 Jan 2012 , 6:31am by CWR41

cakesrock Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I'd like to do that technique where you post 2+ pictures in one post. But I'm not sure how to do that? I assume it's done in photoshop? Any help would be appreciated...
TIA!

5 replies
CWR41 Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, you can do that in Photoshop. Do you have the program? It's real easy to paste both photos into a new page.

cakesrock Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 12:11am
post #3 of 6

Yes, I have Photoshop, but not sure the steps on how to do this?

CWR41 Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 2:00am
post #4 of 6

File/New=set your Width, Height, and Resolution preferences, click Enter.

File/Open=browse for the image you choose, click on it & click Open (or double click on the image name).

Select/All (or use the Rectangular Marquee Tool(M) to select the portion you want).

Edit/Copy. Now click on the Untitled-1 window to make it active.

Layer/New/Layer=New Layer window opens, give it a name (or leave the default to Layer 1), click OK.

Edit/Paste. Edit/Transform/Scale=use the Shift Key to proportionally drag the image to the size you want, then double click near the center of the image when youre happy with the size. Use the Move tool to position it where you want it on the canvas.

File/Open=browse for the next image you want to choose, click on it & click Open (or double click on the image name).

Select/All (or use the Rectangular Marquee Tool(M) to select the portion you want).

Edit/Copy. Now click on the Untitled-1 window to make it active.

Layer/New/Layer=New Layer window opens, give it a name (or leave the default to Layer 2), click OK.

Edit/Paste. Edit/Transform/Scale=use the Shift Key to proportionally drag the image to the size you want, then double click near the center of the image when youre happy with the size. Use the Move tool to position it where you want it on the canvas.

Continue adding as many images that youd like by repeating the above steps remembering to make a new layer for each so they can be positioned separately.

File/Save a Copy (so you can choose to make it a JPEG, TIFF, or BMP file), name it (or use the default name), and choose Save. Options window appears with Quality options, click OK.

Youre done! I have several versions on different computers, so I hope this works for your version. Let me know if you need help with merging layers together or flattening the final image. You shouldnt need to do this with the file type you choose for the copy. If you save the image as a Photoshop (PDF) file, you wont be able to use the original copy in other programs, but at least youll have the unflattened layers to work with if you decide to change the design around later.

cakesrock Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 4:06am
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much!

CWR41 Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 6:31am
post #6 of 6

thumbs_up.gif

Wasn't that fun? There's so much you can do with Photoshop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%