How To Frost A Cake Pop?

Decorating By Debbye27 Updated 3 Jan 2012 , 9:40pm by Bev55

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering what the easiest or best way to frost these little balls is...I just bought the maker last night and wanted to make some balls for a birthday party tomorrow, chocolate cake with mint buttercream, and vanilla with ganache possibly....
Do you dip them? Does the buttercream harden or do you need to cover with fondant? And are you supposed to use those thick lollipop sticks?

Any tips appreciated!! Although I am sure that I will be practicing a lot!!

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 6

you dip them in melted chocolate.

Debbye27 Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 6

well that seems easy enough! thanks- I guess I will just flavor the chocolate with mint rather then using mint buttercream icon_smile.gif
can't wait to go home and try something new!

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 6

For some good pointers, go to www.bakerella.com (the guru of cake pops) or try looking for the tutorial of The Pioneer Woman's website: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/cake-pop-lesson-1-the-cake-ball/. (Not sure if the link will work.) Bakerella went to The Pioneer Woman's ranch and there are some really good step-by-step instructions there. I just made some chocolate mint balls myself for Christmas, adding 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract to 1 pound of the artificial chocolate wafers and it was just the right amount of flavoring (in my opinion!). If you use real chcocolate, remember you have to temper it...have fun!

Debbye27 Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks, I'm not sure how to temper chocolate, so I guess I will pick up some wafers- thank you for the advice!

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 9:40pm
post #6 of 6

I've discovered a peppermint flavored melts from Wilton. I used it on my white chocolate dipped pretzel rods. Yum!!! The melts are white with red specks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%