Anti Super Bowl Cupcakes/cake-Need Ideas

Decorating By xTiffanyx Updated 12 Feb 2012 , 7:09pm by theresaf

xTiffanyx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xTiffanyx Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 4:36am
post #1 of 11

Hi!!

I hate sports and I was thinking of having a get together for Super Bowl Sunday, but do anything BUT watch the game. lol .....Anyone have any ideas for anti football?? Not sure if I feel like doing cake or cupcakes so both will be appreciated!

Thanks!
-Tiffany

10 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 11

How about a cake with a football field on it where the grass has been all torn up and the goalposts broken? Or some cupcakes with deflated football toppers? You could put the football field on a chocolate cake and pipe grass and the yardlines on it, then run a trowel or a knife down the length of it and turn the cut part over, like you do when you're gardening, exposing the chocolate "dirt". So glad to hear from you, since I feel the same way about sports! PLEASE post a picture of whatever you come up with!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 4:14am
post #3 of 11

How about a different kind of super bowl....like a bowl of popcorn or chips or spaghetti n meatballs...whatever food YOU like! It's your day, have fun with it! I've made spaghetti n meatballs (in my gallery 3rd page) and I love a good faux food cake!

xTiffanyx Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 3:56am
post #4 of 11

Great! Thank you bOth!!!

Marianna46 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 11

Hey, theresaf, I like your ideas - not nearly as agressively anti-sports as mine were (just goes to show you what superbowl season does to me!) and very creative!

theresaf Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks Marianna46! I always enjoy your posts, now especially since this one was a compliment to me! I left off the idea of "A Bowl of Soup"! Have a good day! Theresa

Marianna46 Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 11

And I, like you, am a total sucker for a faux food cake!

theresaf Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 11

So xTiffanyx - what DID you do for your anti-super bowl cake? Here's what I wound up with - a Soup(er) Bowl!
Next time I would make the bowl differently but I was out of time (even though it turned out to be just for my husband and I - that's how anti-superbowl WE are!)

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2263606/souper-bowl-2012

Marianna46 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 10:19pm
post #9 of 11

Cool cake, theresaf! I liked the bowl very much. And, yes, xTiffanyx, I want to see yours, too!

xTiffanyx Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 3:08pm
post #10 of 11

Well guess what- found out I had a cousin's last minute surprise party to go to do I couldn't make it because her husband got a cake- plus it's opposite she loves football lol. But your soup bowl is really cute! I think next year I will do it maybe with a thumbs down sign and a football next to it or you know those no smoking signs? Do that in the corners except with a football.

Instead that weekend I had to make princess cupcakes that actually came really cute!

theresaf Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 7:09pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks to u both! Well at least THAT'S over with! Yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%