Airbrush Kits

Decorating By grammy1963 Updated 3 Jan 2012 , 4:48am by LisaBerczel

grammy1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammy1963 Posted 31 Dec 2011 , 1:34am
post #1 of 4

I would like to start airbrushing. There are too many choices in prices. How do I know what is good and what is not. I don't even know if I will like it. I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars not knowing if it is for me. However , if I buy the least expensive to start what difference will I experience in using it compared to the more costly ones? Please advise. Grammy 1963

3 replies
JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 31 Dec 2011 , 2:08am
post #2 of 4

I just was feeling the same way about a month ago, so I decided to start with a cheaper one to see if I like it. I just got it last week as a Hanukkah gift from my parents. I haven't had a chance to use it yet except on paper towel to practice using it a little bit.

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 31 Dec 2011 , 2:26am
post #3 of 4

This is one I've seen some people suggest. It's on my to buy someday list. =)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QRWWH4/?tag=cakecentral-20

LisaBerczel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaBerczel Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 4:48am
post #4 of 4

The trickiest thing about evaluating airbrush kits when you're new is being able to get enough information in order to know you're investing in something that will meet your needs.

What do you want the airbrush to do for you?
Small coverage and accents? or paint a 7 tier gold?

Know that ANY airbrush will need replacement needles and less frequently fluid nozzles. These parts will wear out or be damaged and are not covered by manufacture warranties. Not every manufacturer offers replacement parts when you're shopping bargain intro kits.

More and more airbrush vendors have booths at regional cake shows. If you can test-drive and kick the tires, it's a great way to evaluate all your options and price shop.

If that's not in the cards, then go for value. Price shop a Michael's 40% coupon and a Badger set up...

Full disclosure - I'm an occasional distributor for Grex Airbrush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%