I've Just Ordered My Agbay Leveller :od

Decorating By jennifercullen Updated 30 Dec 2011 , 9:26pm by Peridot

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 9

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
This may not warrant any level of excitement for many of you, however, I think it is possibly the highest level of excitement I've had all year haha. I Just had to share with some like minded people, because nobody here understands what is so exciting about a cake leveller from america that cost me £200.... I hope it comes sooooon!!!

8 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 12:37am
post #2 of 9

Merry late Christmas to you.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 9

You will LOVE it!! Which one did you get?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 9

Congrats! There is no better tool in my cake closet. The Cake Boss software comes in a close second but the Agbay is genius.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 9

You'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercullen

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
This may not warrant any level of excitement for many of you, however, I think it is possibly the highest level of excitement I've had all year haha. I Just had to share with some like minded people, because nobody here understands what is so exciting about a cake leveller from america that cost me £200.... I hope it comes sooooon!!!

No I can totally understand your excitement!!! My friend arrived from New York and met me on Tuesday and with her she brought me an Agbay!!!! My face lit up like a child under the Christmas tree! I am just waiting to do my first cake of the new year next week with it... am hoping it is all everyone says it is and more! I have put it together and put it on the shelf waiting.... so I'm with you on the excitement. Need to go on website and watch the video on best way to handle it

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 9

Congratulations! Just received mine on Tuesday...no idea how I lived without it for so long icon_biggrin.gif

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 9

I got the small one with two blades, I cant remember the exact name of it lol. I'm so excited. I've been levelling cakes this week with a knife (it already feels so old fashioned...) and looking wistfully at the cake decorating bits and bobs cupboard as if it will magically appear icon_cry.gif lol.

I also ordered 'The Mat' over xmas and am about to use that for the first time! Gift wise I have to say this has been the best christmas ever lol. I did think I probably wouldn't pay so much for the cake boss software, but I'm starting to think I might invest in it soon!! I did want to save up for an airbrush but I'm not sure it would be worth it for the amount of cakes I do, I'd end up spending a fortune learning how to do it and still never use it on a cake! icon_rolleyes.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 9

Ohhhh yes I can imagine the excitement! I felt the same way when I ordered mine over a year ago. The best cake toy I have ever purchased and worth every penny. No more crying and yelling and nasty words when I Ievel and torte cakes.

I also have the mat and I do use it every time I roll fondant which is not that often as this is my hobby. I like it and I don't like it. I do not use it as they designed it - picking up the whole piece of fondant with the mat. I pick up my fondant with a rolling pin and then lay it on the cake. But it does help with the rolling - much better than on the counter or on regular vinyl.

Enjoy your "gifts".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%