Tangled Cake

Decorating By bakemeacake78 Updated 30 Dec 2011 , 7:19pm by CharBubble

bakemeacake78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacake78 Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 11:30am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I have a request for a Tangled cake and I would like to hear your suggestions. The request is to duplicate the mural that is on the wall of Rapunzel's castle. I have attached a picture. I would to do a round, 1 tier cake covered in fondant and the mural on the sides of the cake, but I was wondering if it can be done to look like water colors or if I should just recreate it using fondant. Any suggestions or other ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!
LL

3 replies
CharBubble Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharBubble Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 4

I think it would almost be easier to paint it- recreating it in fondant would also make the cake rather thick on the sides. You can mix petal dust or other decorating dusts with vodka and get a 'paint' that really works quite nicely.

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah, painting sounds easiest to me, too. Although I would probably start with blue fondant, and marble it with lighter blue and white for the sky- and I would probably try to have the bottom green fondant, then just paint on the stars and everything else. That's going to be a fun cake icon_smile.gif

CharBubble Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharBubble Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbye27

Yeah, painting sounds easiest to me, too. Although I would probably start with blue fondant, and marble it with lighter blue and white for the sky- and I would probably try to have the bottom green fondant, then just paint on the stars and everything else. That's going to be a fun cake icon_smile.gif

Yes, have the base coat be fondant. If you try to paint the whole thing, it'll end up splotchy icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%