Samples For 200 Guests!

Baking By nikki1201 Updated 27 Jan 2012 , 9:45pm by Spooky_789

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 2:29am
post #1 of 3

I will be making 200 small logo cookies for a gallery opening next month! And the best part- the theme for the event is "weddings", I'm Sooo excited! I think I will make half the cookies the logo, and half of the cookies just white squares with white, lacy "bridal" piping. To further alleviate som of the anxiety, I think am only going to pipe the logo by hand on half of the logo cookies and use an edible image on the rest. I haven't ever used edible images on cookie before... any tips? I use RI.

2 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 Jan 2012 , 12:19am
post #2 of 3

Sounds like fun! Nice to be able to play around with different designs.

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 3

For my nephew's birthday party, I made round cut out sugar cookies, covered them in a thin layer of white buttercream, then applied round images of the LA Laker's "L" logo. My local grocery store was able to take the sheet of paper with 12 images of the logo and print it on the edible image sheet. I had them print 5 or 6 of the sheets. Then I went home and cut them out with my scissors, and applied to the fresh buttercream. Then went over the outside edges of the cookie with purple buttercream.

The image adhered well and when they were served the next day, were soft just like the buttercream. I did bag each cookie and tie with a purple ribbon. The cookies were a great hit!

And just to disclose, I did not sell the cookies. They were part of the birthday gift I gave my nephew.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%