Obtaining Permission To Recreate A Copyrighted Logo, Toy Ect

Business By MelissaJeane Updated 28 Dec 2011 , 4:19am by MelissaJeane

MelissaJeane Posted 27 Dec 2011 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 5

I am wondering what companies have granted permission in the past and about how long of a time frame for a response? Any other advice on obtaining or purchasing permission to use a copyrighted image would be great. Thank You!

4 replies
costumeczar Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 2:06am
post #2 of 5

In my experience, Disney and Nickelodeon are big no-ways. Angry Birds can go either way. You'll probably have to check on a case-by-case basis. Just email the legal departments from each company. You can usually find the email address by searching on the contact sections on websites.

MelissaJeane Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 4:00am
post #3 of 5

I assumed anything popular was out especially Disney. I lost three potential orders this month because I wouldn't do Sesamee St or Minnie Mouse and some one else would.
Oh well it won't be my but on the line. I have had a few request for Rainbow Bright, Tweety and Scooby Doo so I will attemt to contact the companies and see where I get with those.

Nancy_TX Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 4:08am
post #4 of 5

I've had better luck starting with the PR department. Adidas, Ariat boots, Pearl drums, Pro Mark drumsticks, Evans drum heads, Rudy's BBQ, etc. all got back to me within a week. The main thing was to make sure I was clear about the specific use - they want to make sure it's not mass production. Single use, custom cakes haven't been a problem with most companies. Disney I wouldn't even try.

MelissaJeane Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 4:19am
post #5 of 5

Thank you Nancy and Costumeczar. I'm pretty sure I saw a post once upon a time about a single use permission and photos could not be posted on the businesses website. Its always helpfull to know what others have encounterd along the wayicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%