Wedding Cupcakes

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 29 Dec 2011 , 12:59am by kakeladi

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 27 Dec 2011 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 2

A friend of mines will be getting married in a few months and wants me to make about 100 cupcakes along with a mini cake for her wedding. The cupcakes/cake will be displayed on a cupcake tower.

However, I have never accomplished such a task and have a few questions on how and where do I start, since this will be the largest order I ever had? Any input will be greatly appreciated

This is the info she gave me so far: 100 guests and her budget is $250-$300, with the option of increasing if necessary.

Order form - where can I get one from or is there one I can make a template out of?

Tasting - do I charge or not? how do I go about making cupcakes for tasting without wasting batter?

Pricing - Per cupcake or per dozen? Buttercream price? Fondant price? (I live in S. Florida)

Flavors - how many flavors should I offer?

Cupcake tower/stand - do I make this or order it? Any tutorials on how to make stand or any websites where I can find a good price on a stand?

1 reply
kakeladi Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 12:59am
post #2 of 2

I'll take a stab at trying to answer some of your ?s.

.....100 guests and her budget is $250-$300, with the option of increasing if necessary.....
That's not much of a budget for what she wants really.
I'd say the total should run around $400=500.

......Order form - where can I get one from or is there one I can make a template out of?....
I believe there are several on this site but I don't know for sure.

.......Tasting - do I charge or not? how do I go about making cupcakes for tasting without wasting batter?.....
Has she not tasted your cakes before? I would make 1 or 2 mini cuppies from any cake you make between now & her date; store well wrapped in the fzr and let her & her groom taste them like six weeks before or when you have 3 or 4 flavors.

......Pricing - Per cupcake or per dozen? Buttercream price? Fondant price? (I live in S. Florida).......
What do you usually charge for cakes? Definately not by the dz. These will require special handling to insure they are presented nicely. I suggest no less than $3.50 ea; plus the cutting cake at the same per serving. Yers, I know they are not serving it but that's their problem.....they still have to pay for it at the going rate.
Cupcake tower/stand - do I make this or order it? Any tutorials on how to make stand or any websites where I can find a good price on a stand?
.....There are many ways one can go in making a nice stand. There are sites but sorry, I don;t have any links.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%