Giant Cookie With Edible Image?

Baking By cakesrock Updated 3 Jan 2012 , 3:28pm by icingimages

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 27 Dec 2011 , 12:23am
post #1 of 7

I wanted to put an edible image on a fondant covered giant sugar cookie.. Anyone tried this? The cookie would be about the size of the entire pan.
Thoughts? Do you think it would work okay?

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 12:45am
post #2 of 7

I have made many, many cookies that size but never put fondant on any of them. I don't see any problems doing so, it's just when I was making them fondant wasn't widely used yet icon_smile.gif Putting an EI on a fondant 'plaque' is certainly possible. Just be sure of your placing because once placed =even a bit of it =, you cannot move it. - maybe place it before you cut the fondant to shape.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, you can put an image on fondant. You can dampen the fondant with water, use piping gel or vodka or even crisco to adhere the image. Just be sure that the image does not get wet on the top where the ink is and be sure that you apply the image center first smoothing it out as you go. This way you get all the airbubbles out.

cakesrock Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Yes, you can put an image on fondant. You can dampen the fondant with water, use piping gel or vodka or even crisco to adhere the image. Just be sure that the image does not get wet on the top where the ink is and be sure that you apply the image center first smoothing it out as you go. This way you get all the airbubbles out.

Could I put the edible image directly onto the cookie and adhere with piping gel? ??Are there other options?I have some Sugarshack's BC- would that work?
I'm out of fondant now and don't feel like making anymore or buying it....
TIA!

icingimages Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 7

The BC will work. You can adhere it straight to the cookie with piping gel...BUT! the image will show all the bumps and ridges of the cookie, so it is best to put it on the BC

cakesrock Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

The BC will work. You can adhere it straight to the cookie with piping gel...BUT! the image will show all the bumps and ridges of the cookie, so it is best to put it on the BCt

Thanks so much for your help! I'll use the BC....

icingimages Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 7

My pleasure. Be sure that the BC is smooth and damp before applying

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%