Fat Daddio Pans, Dishwasher Safe?

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 10 Feb 2012 , 6:11pm by Annabakescakes

TheCakerator Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 12:23am
post #1 of 13

I was wondering if my new fat daddio round cake pans are dishwasher safe? They say easy clean up, but came with no directions on if they can be used in the dishwasher. They are the anodized ones, if that helps. Thank you.

12 replies
TheCakerator Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 13

does anyone here have these pans and put them in the dishwasher?

bisbqueenb Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 13

It is not the dishwasher but the kind of soap that you use in it that could cause damage to the pans. Some dishwasher soaps will leave a film on aluminum.... how do I know ? I have often put my smaller pans in the dishwasher, but after using a different brand of soap, I got a dusty type film on one of the pans....I was able to scrub it off, but when I went back to the other soap....no film! Something to do with the phosphates in the actual soap I think.

So I think it is not the washer but the soap that is the main concern.

TheCakerator Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 13

thank you.

BuffytheBakingSlayer Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 13

the phosphate free dw detergent will leave a film. Unfortunately, this is all that is curretnly available. the claim is that the phosphate in detergent is causing algae bloom. of course, apparently all the phosphates associated with farming and livestock and commercial dw are having no effect.

anyway, so many states outlawed it, that now they only make it w/o phosphate. there are some alternatives out there, if you google it.

Annabakescakes Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:28am
post #6 of 13

I am looking for an aluminum safe detergent, but so far I can only find it for commercial dishwashers. Once I can afford it, I am getting it! If I could wash all my dished except the 14" and bigger, my life would be so much easier. I washed some Wilton character pans in the dishwasher and they came out really ugly icon_sad.gif

Apti Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 2:37am
post #7 of 13

Everything I've read is to hand wash pans. So that's what I do. I have Fat Daddios, Magic Line and Wilton pans. (hobby baker)

Annabakescakes Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 3:45am
post #8 of 13

I thought magic line was stainless steel? I have 4 of them I never use since I have the whole set of 14 fat daddios set for what I spent on them, but I run my stainless steel cook pots through the dishwasher all the time.

Apti Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 4:37am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

I thought magic line was stainless steel? I have 4 of them I never use since I have the whole set of 14 fat daddios set for what I spent on them, but I run my stainless steel cook pots through the dishwasher all the time.

From this website: http://www.cheftools.com/All-Magic-Line-Products/products/880/
"Magic Line cake pans and bakeware are made of heavy-duty, commercial-quality aluminum for even heat distribution. Magic Line cake pans are rust-proof and dishwasher safe. Bake your best cake in Parrish Magic Line bakeware."

From website: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000VLIHI/?tag=cakecentral-20
"Fat Daddio's Round Cake Pan is made with 16-gauge anodized aluminum. There are no seams or weld lines often found in other pans. Anodizing completely seals the aluminum, making a smooth scratch-resistant surface, and ensures there is no cross-contamination or leaching of aluminum into foods. Anodized aluminum is also non-reactive with acidic and dairy ingredients. Fat Daddio's anodized bakeware offers superior baking performance, even heat distribution, safety, and durability. Dishwasher safe. Lifetime warranty."

KoryAK Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 5:58am
post #10 of 13

Everything of mine goes in the dishwasher except wooden rolling pins. Everything.

Annabakescakes Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 6:47am
post #11 of 13

Huh... Good to know, thank you, Apti. KoryAk, you are my hero.

But, I have washed my Wilton pans in the dishwasher and boy, do they look like crap! I have a couple character pans that have run through with Cascade Complete, and they look dull, dark grey, and splotchy. And they aren't smooth. I am scared to try it with my Fat Daddios. I have 2 sets each, 3" to 16", odd and even, in both round and square. I would love to run them through the dishwasher!

What kind of detergent do you use, Koryak?

KoryAK Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 5:58pm
post #12 of 13

Cascade Complete at home (though I really haven't washed cake stuff at home since before the phosphate switch) and a giant bucket of All Temp Non Chlorinated Dish Detergent (I imagine that to be read in a robot voice) at work.

Annabakescakes Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 6:11pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%