How Should I Store The Cakes Before The Wedding?

Decorating By funtodecorate2 Updated 29 Dec 2011 , 3:47am by funtodecorate2

funtodecorate2 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 7

HI,
I have 3 tier square cake for Tues. a 16,12,8. I have a cake storing container for the 8 in but have been looking for boxes for something to put the larger ones in. I looked at Michaels but they were out of the larger boxes and they are only 4 in high. Of course any decorations will get squished if lid is on all the way. These cakes will be sitting in a locked room at our church overnight. (nothing has to be refrig).

Please share ideas on how I can cover these . I'll even consider homemade covers of some sort. Thank you

Ps. I thought I had this under control and then got the boxes home and they were still too small icon_confused.gif

6 replies
funtodecorate2 Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 1:27am
post #2 of 7

Anyone have any suggestions? Please icon_smile.gif

VickiC Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 1:53am
post #3 of 7

How about moving boxes? I have used moving boxes for a 3 tier cake.

kakeladi Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 3:07am
post #4 of 7

Any large box can be put over the cake rather than finding one that the cake will fit into. Getting one that is sort of extra large can be slipped over w/o worry about the sides touching the cake icon_smile.gif Lacking that, I would not worry about covering it.....if you are sure the place is clean & bug free it odes not have to be covered.
I remember once when I worked at a bakery (well known in that area) they put one in an extra room that was open to the public (but nothing in there & the lights were not on) for some 4-5 days. I was shocked to learn it was someone's wedding cake and delivered after so long sitting out.

funtodecorate2 Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 3:28am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the ideas. Some times we rack our brains and can't seem to see the obvious.
I like both of those idea.
icon_smile.gif Wendy

1234me Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 7

I use moving boxes all the time!!!

funtodecorate2 Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 3:47am
post #7 of 7

Thanks to all . I bought moving boxes icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%