Need An Idea!!

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 28 Dec 2011 , 4:54pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 3

My step father is turning 99 (isnt that amazing!) and I am going to make him an open book cake.
(he is a huge book worm!) I would like to put a saying in the book, maybe something about how great his life has been or maybe a photo (my mom has this photo of him when he was a little boy from like 1920 Its so cool looking) I dont want the saying to look like its some sort of this is his last birthday or sad. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

2 replies
escaliba1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
escaliba1234 Posted 27 Dec 2011 , 11:32am
post #2 of 3

Does he have a favourite book?
What about a quotation from one of his favourite books?

It can be really difficult to come up with a saying, especially when the person means so much to you and you so much want to get it right.
My father did not like any reference to his advancing years, so as the birthdays added up, it was quite a challenge.
He told the family, when he was aged 94, that walking frames were for old people and made mother return the walking frame to the chemist!

Perhaps the photo you mentioned, with something nice like, " Happy Birthday to a wonderful father" or a quote from one of his favourite books.

Sometimes simple is best and gets the meaning across perfectly.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by escaliba1234

Does he have a favourite book?
What about a quotation from one of his favourite books?

It can be really difficult to come up with a saying, especially when the person means so much to you and you so much want to get it right.
My father did not like any reference to his advancing years, so as the birthdays added up, it was quite a challenge.
He told the family, when he was aged 94, that walking frames were for old people and made mother return the walking frame to the chemist!

Perhaps the photo you mentioned, with something nice like, " Happy Birthday to a wonderful father" or a quote from one of his favourite books.

Sometimes simple is best and gets the meaning across perfectly.

he is the same way...refuses to use the walker, refuses to give up his computer. He will live to be 105 my mom says all the time!

I like the idea about the quote!!! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%