majormichel Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 4:05pm
post #1 of

Inspired by Michelle created this lovely cake. Anyone know how to create the ruffle technique for the second tier.
LL

7 replies
icer101 Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 4:31pm
post #2 of

Hi, it looks to me like , she just cut strips of fondant,(thin) folded it in half. and gathered it and glued to sides of cake. It wasn,t ruffled with a tool, it is just gathered. That is what i see , when i enlarge it. hth someone else might have a different view.

DeniseNH Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 8:01pm
post #3 of

I agree, strips bunched up together and glued to the cake with either water or a dab of royal or better yet, white chocolate for glue. What a gorgeous cake and what a ton of work. Thanks for sharing, so glad I saw it.

aandkidz Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 11:20pm
post #4 of

just spitballing......could you do this with stiff icing and a petal tip? Just asking.

majormichel Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 11:44pm
post #5 of

Thanks everyone for your response.

Cookie4 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 4:50am
post #6 of

Who is the Michelle that created this beautiful cake? I searched the memberlist here on CC but there were no pics for Michelle (: I want to know how the bottom layer was made - it looks like a cutaway or are those grey dots of icing or fondant on the lace effect? Any ideas? Merry Christmas everyone!

hesacat Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 6:32am
post #7 of

http://inspiredbymichelleblog.com/2011/02/08/white-wedding-cake-inspired-by-michelle-cake-designs/

soozicake Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 6:39am
post #8 of

Inspired By Michelle is a Sydney cake designer. Very talented. You Tubes are worth a look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%