'twas The Night Before Christmas....

Decorating By soozicake Updated 25 Dec 2011 , 2:18pm by sewsugarqueen

soozicake Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 9:00am
post #1 of 6

Tis the night before Christmas in Australia (yep, already) and I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the CC family. Thank you to all who have shared their pics, ideas, techniques and thoughts. A big thanks to Jackie and Heath for creating a place to hang out and for continuing to provide this fabulous site.

As usual I have left the family cake to last. The butter has softened rapidly, it is 37.C/98F in my part of the world. Not too bad, the outback is around 44.C/111.F! Thongs (flip flops), shorts and bbqs for us tomorrow! Our thoughts are with Darwin in top end of Oz, they are preparing for a cyclone. Tomorrow is the anniversary of Cyclone Tracey which devastated Darwin on Christmas day 37 year ago. Our thoughts are with them

On my bucket list experience a white Christmas.

Im off to find some boxes to refrigerate my cakes! Have a safe and happy Christmas and may the new year bring good fortune....and lots of cakes. Cheers.

5 replies
RetiredNavyChief Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 6

Well hi, its Christmas Eve here in Missouri, 7 AM. Its cold as heck around 24 F burrrrrrr. Wish I could send you a White Christmas but no snow in our forecast. I want to thank everyone here also. It is such a great place to share, learn aand make new friends. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and everyone!

BizCoCos Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 6

Health, Love & prosperity to all CCers and their families!

kakeladi Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 6

Over the years I have experienced both 80s and -0 F temp white Christmas days icon_smile.gif To this northener it is hard to really get into the Christmas spirit when it's 80+ degreesicon_smile.gif

May each and everyone on you wonderful, sharing, caring people have the most Blessed Christmas ever.

Narie Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 6

27 degrees and just a dusting of snow in Northern Indiana. Little chance for snow before next Wednesday. As far as White Christmas's are concerned, it is great song and fun If you are kid- as an adult not so much. Can be scary to drive in and a mess to clean up all the snow that gets tracked into the house. Oh yes, shoveling or blowing off sidewalks and driveways isn't great over forty.

sewsugarqueen Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 6

merry christmas to all our cake central buddies. Can't imagine a warm Christmas having lived in midwest and southern Canada all my life. So what are most popular treats for Christmas in Australia and NZ??

Have to saw visiting Australia is one of my dreams... +

Quote by @%username% on %date%