Need A Cute Idea For Valentine's Day/anniversary Cake

Decorating By abchambers Updated 25 Dec 2011 , 10:57pm by abchambers

abchambers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abchambers Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 12:58am
post #1 of 7

I've had a request for an anniversary cake that also happens to fall on Valentines Day. I've tried searching some cute ideas on here and on google, but apparently every cake that is dedicated to Valentine's Day has to be hearts, hearts, and more hearts! Now, I know its a day dedicated to love, but are there any Valentine's Day cakes that aren't so.....cliche?? I don't mind a few hearts (or references to love & romance) but has anyone done or seen a cake that isn't SO traditional? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

6 replies
sabileos1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabileos1 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 12:22am
post #2 of 7

I found a super cute cake i want to try for valentines day that i think you will love too!! Its a heart shaped cake made to look like a box of chocolates and the candies are cake balls..... if you google valentines day gift box cake it will come up. its by bakerella.

ali06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali06 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 5:22am
post #3 of 7

You could make a Love Bug theme

escaliba1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
escaliba1234 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 5:33am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by abchambers

I've had a request for an anniversary cake that also happens to fall on Valentines Day. I've tried searching some cute ideas on here and on google, but apparently every cake that is dedicated to Valentine's Day has to be hearts, hearts, and more hearts! Now, I know its a day dedicated to love, but are there any Valentine's Day cakes that aren't so.....cliche?? I don't mind a few hearts (or references to love & romance) but has anyone done or seen a cake that isn't SO traditional? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

abchambers, what number anniversary is it for, please?

abchambers Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 7

Its a 12 year anniversary.

Love the other 2 suggestions. The cake pop one I might have to save for another day (want something more simple), but the love bug one I think is especially great!

escaliba1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
escaliba1234 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 7

Perhaps you could get some ideas from the traditional items associated with a 12th anniversary.
These items are;

The traditional 12th wedding anniversary has a theme of Linen and Silk.
The contemporary or modern 12th anniversary has a theme of Colour Gems and Pearls.
The flowers associated with the 12th anniversary are Peonies
The Gemstone list shows Agate.

I was interested because my husband and I also have a wedding annivesary on that date and that combination of two themes always seems to throw out hearts, hearts, hearts.....

I don't mind hearts at all, in moderation, but year after year, it gets a bit much.

So I am always looking for good ways to combine the two celebrations, cake-wise.

I have seen some wonderful cakes based on themes like I listed.
Hope this may help you.

abchambers Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much! I'll have to do a search on all those things associated with a 12-year anniversary!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%