Choclate Cake Sooo Dense.

Baking By Sal2012 Updated 4 Jan 2012 , 3:33am by kickasskakes

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I baked couple of times Ultimate Choclate cake Martha Stewart recepie. The taste of the cake is delicious but it is sooo dense. I am not sure it is suppose to or not? but does not look like by picture it should be dense. I never make any choc cake. I am looking something that should be soft and or want to correct myslef of making Ultimate Choclate cake where I am doing something wrong.
I beat butter and sugar by hand, and followed exact she suggested but never comes out spongy. Any suggestion will be great and much appreciate.

Last, I am looking to make a Gradutaion hat, What should I do?
1 -I am thinking to make a base with making a choclate collar? should I do this?
2-And top just flat drying with melting choclate on parchment paper?
3- Should I add the black in choclate?

suggestion will be appreciation. Thanks!

4 replies
fellascarpet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fellascarpet Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 11:28am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal2012

Hi, I baked couple of times Ultimate Choclate cake Martha Stewart recepie. The taste of the cake is delicious but it is sooo dense. I am not sure it is suppose to or not? but does not look like by picture it should be dense. I never make any choc cake. I am looking something that should be soft and or want to correct myslef of making Ultimate Choclate cake where I am doing something wrong.
I beat butter and sugar by hand, and followed exact she suggested but never comes out spongy. Any suggestion will be great and much appreciate.

Last, I am looking to make a Gradutaion hat, What should I do?
1 -I am thinking to make a base with making a choclate collar? should I do this?
2-And top just flat drying with melting choclate on parchment paper?
3- Should I add the black in choclate?

suggestion will be appreciation. Thanks!

Thanks dear for share the information.....

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 5

Hi,

Sorry can't help with the choc cake rece as I'm not at all familiar with it.

But I've done a grad hat before, and I used rice crispies treats for it, covered with black fondant.

HTH!

sleepiesaturn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleepiesaturn Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 2:01am
post #4 of 5

I don't know, I feel like you could probably get away with adding a little more baking soda.

kickasskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasskakes Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 3:33am
post #5 of 5

for the recipe:
recipe never says to cream the butter and sugar, this is the time the cake structure is starting and the fat must be incorported throughout evenly and aerated.
so: cream with a mixer until light and fluffy:
then proceed as recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%