How Far In Advace Can I Bake A Cake?

Decorating By readingnorma Updated 22 Dec 2011 , 1:52pm by idreamincupcakes

readingnorma Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 4

I have a groom's cake for Jan 7th. How far in advance can I bake and store the cake in the refrigerator? Can I store it without crum coating?

3 replies
msulli10 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 4

I usually start baking one week in advance and wrap the cake in saran wrap (several layers) and freeze it. Then I put it in the fridge the day before I want to start crumb coating and decorating. I have done this as far as 2 weeks ahead and the cake is still deliciously moist.

tcbalgord Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 4

You can bake it now if you want. I wrap the cooled cake(s) in plastic wrap twice, then foil twice and then put in either a ziploc bag or wrap in freezer paper and stick it in the freezer. Freezing is by far your best bet when baking in advance. Good Luck!!

idreamincupcakes Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulli10

I usually start baking one week in advance and wrap the cake in saran wrap (several layers) and freeze it. Then I put it in the fridge the day before I want to start crumb coating and decorating. I have done this as far as 2 weeks ahead and the cake is still deliciously moist.

I do this for all my personal cakes. Fill and frost two or three days out, (depending on how cooperative my kids are acting) and decorate the day before. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%