Cake Castles??

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 19 Dec 2011 , 4:39pm by Wildgirl

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 8

There must be a good tutorial around here, but I must be search impaired because I have looked all around and cannot find one. Any suggestions on how to find one?

The other day I came across the most awesome castle cake on here.... it was brownish with flowering vines on it... the turrets looked like they had fondant tiles that were slightly flared out.... I wish I had bookmarked it - I'd love to use that as a model.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

7 replies
carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 8

Personal I cannot stand the Wilton castle cake, but then it might have been just me. I have used it 3 different times. The 1st time it was great and held together with no issues. The 2nd and 3rd time I could not get the turrets to stay standing no matter what I tried. So I opted for using ice cream cones and loved this techinque the best.

I used google to find ideas and tutorial that helped me.

nicunurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 8

Any other details you can remember so we can help find it?

Wildgirl Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 8

I actually had to post on the decorating forum as well - I got desperate! Anyway, someone did find it for me - it's here --- http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=2229158

Gorgeous, isn't it?! I must know how to do this.

carolinagirlcakes Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 12:26am
post #5 of 8

Yes it is a beautiful cake. I would recommend sending the baker a message and see if she/he is will to share any tips or tricks.

This are the sites that I found and that helped me.

Here is one tutorial I found... http://www.cakeboss.com/CastleTutorial.aspx

Here another one... http://www.make-fabulous-cakes.com/castle-cake.html

Wildgirl Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 4:20am
post #6 of 8

I did just send her a msg. I hope she doesn't mind sharing. I will be making my first wedding cake next month for a friend - and her wedding invitation has a castle on it. It would be so incredibly awesome if I could master even just a small castle for the top of the cake. It would be too perfect. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the links! I can't seem to find it on the cake boss site though - do I need to subscribe or buy the tutorial?

carolinagirlcakes Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 8

Just copy the link and paste in your browser. For some reason it did not direct link the who web address. You should not need to join or pay for anything.

Wildgirl Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 8

I did finally find it on the site - well worth searching around for! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%