Does Anyone Ship Cake Pops And Cake Balls?

Decorating By designdiva22 Updated 22 Dec 2011 , 11:37pm by designdiva22

designdiva22 Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 7

I really want to start shipping cake pops and cake balls since I get frequent requests but I am concerned about the packaging and shipping carriers.

I have read some past posts about shipping cake pops but I couldn't get much info out of that. Does anyone who ship cake pops please advice how exactly do you package so they don't get damaged? Please?

And what carrier is the best? USPS? Fedex? Do you use Flat Rate shipping?

Really appreciate any advice! Thanks!

6 replies
Lovelyladylibra Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 7

bubble wrap or foam sheets around every pop. lay them alternatively make sure they have no room to slide about in the bakery box. I ship usps priority. its the cheapest. a box of about 2 dozen only weighs about 4lbs. if your in a hot area include the cooling thingies. Ive shipped a few boxes. hope that helps.

designdiva22 Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 12:57am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Lovelyladylibra!! What size of box do you use with USPS? And how do you charge the shipping? Do you have a shopping cart on your website or just do it as ordered?

Lovelyladylibra Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 12:53am
post #4 of 7

I use the 12x12x8 I charge by the weight (i brought a little shipping scale off ebay) the boxes usually never weight more than 4lbs so thats about the price I charge for their distance. I charge shipping order by order. hth

scp1127 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 7:04am
post #5 of 7

You need an FDA license to ship across state lines. Without it, shipping is a federal offense with stiff fines. Your state Dept of Ag has the application.

scp1127 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 7:09am
post #6 of 7

The FDA also dictates shipping procedure. It must comply 100% with their safety standards.

designdiva22 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks scp but I read this thread where people found that a home bakery tht is licensed doesn't need to have FDA standardized kitchen and registration http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=736564&highlight=

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%