Friday Night Cake Club 12-16-11

Decorating By catlharper Updated 17 Dec 2011 , 6:01am by catlharper

catlharper Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 11

Opening another session of the FNCC! Who's Up? Whatcha Workin On?

10 replies
catlharper Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 3:56am
post #2 of 11

Hi everyone! Disneyland was WONDERFUL! We had such an incredible time there with our family. There ended up being 18 of us in total! Wow! This was the first trip for my 2 yr old granddaughter and that was too much fun! I have some wonderful memories from that part of it alone!

Nothing for this week but crafts crafts and more crafts since I got home. 4 doz marshmallow pops due for a party tomorrow and then 2 doz character cupcakes for Monday. Other than that Christmas is slowly appearing in our home. My 10 yr old son is out with my husband right now picking out the tree for the very first time!

Can't wait to hear what ya'll have been up to!

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 4:05am
post #3 of 11

New to this FNCC.....

Im working on more of my x-mas cookies. Im planning on giving them away with cupcakes as presents this year to teachers at my kids school and our doctors offices. Trying to get my name out there. I just recently moved and basically lost my client base icon_sad.gif

cheatize Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 4:13am
post #4 of 11

I baked all week and shopped for 11 hours today so nothing for me tonight. I'm relaxing and practicing Jacob's Ladder 'cause I couldn't remember it for my great-niece. Thaaaat's right, I bought the book today. Finally, directions I understand! lol

Tomorrow it's back to baking while the men of the house go forth and forage for a tree.

BizCoCos Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 4:18am
post #5 of 11

st. nicholas figurine for christmas and gf sugar cookie recipes

catlharper Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 4:27am
post #6 of 11

Welcome Ashley! I've been making gifts all day today and will be making cupcakes for a Senior Center that we deliver to about 4 times a year. They really look forward to it so I feel real pressure to make sure we can still make it each time. It's always fun to see the look on the faces of those who get these baked gifts!

Everyone sounds busy! Lots of family stuff it sounds like going on in all of our houses. My guys just got home with our tree...we'll see how my son did his first solo trip out<G>

Angfastic Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 4:33am
post #7 of 11

Working on a cake for a 50th birthday. I just pulled my 3 8in layers out of the oven. I think they are going to shrink so not sure how I'm going to decorate. I plan on torting each layer, but not sure if it will be high enough to try and do a beer mug. If it isn't maybe I'll go with beer bucket and make a sugar bottle or 2. I'm making this for a surprise birthday party for a friend of a very good friend. I said I'd do a basic 8in white with buttercream filling and frosting for only $25, but now I want to do something different. I guess I'll decide once I have it assembled.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 5:01am
post #8 of 11

Thnx Cat! Good luck with the tree!

catlharper Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 5:05am
post #9 of 11

Jack did pretty good with the my house is filled with the smell of pine and our cat is ticked off! LOL! Oh well, she escaped having a tree in "her" house for two weeks longer than normal! LOL!

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 5:12am
post #10 of 11

I loooove that smell! I even light pine scented candles ust to give it that extra aroma!

catlharper Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 6:01am
post #11 of 11

I am off to bed ya'll..been one LONG day and I have another one up tomorrow! Have a great weekend and hopefully all of your craft/baking/gift projects will go smoothly!

Quote by @%username% on %date%