Help! I Need Puppy Cake Directions -Web Site Down

Decorating By katskreations Updated 27 Sep 2005 , 4:16am by freddie

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 2:05am
post #1 of 11

I am supposed to make a 3-d puppy cake tomorrow (9/12) that I saw in the photo gallery on this site. The only problem is it lists that directions are on the sugar wonders web site and it is down for construction, so I really need directions for this cake. I know it uses 2 cakes from the wondermold and a 6" , but I am not sure how to assemble it. PLEASE send directions asap. Any tips and ideas are Greatly appreciated icon_biggrin.gif
Kat

10 replies
melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 3:44am
post #2 of 11

heres how i made the 3-d puppy cake:
i used the 3-d egg pan, for the body....and one small mini wonder mold cake, and i baked about 6 mini loaf pan cakes.
now, you put the egg pan in the middle of your cake board, then cut the mini wonder mold cake in half, and attach each half to the back of the egg. then i use a 2 mini loaf cakes to make the front legs, i just put them close to the "body" then i put a mini loaf cake in front of the egg cake for a nozzle then stack another mini loaf pan on top of that, long ways to make the head. then i cut one more mini loaf cake in half and put on top of the head for ears, now i do have to toothpick those in to keep them in place. dont forget to make a tail out of another mini loaf cake. then use the grass tip to make fur. add eyes and a black nose.
good luck and post pictures!
melody

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 3:59am
post #3 of 11

Hi Katskreations,

I have the puppy cake instructions your talking about, I copied them for a cake I will be making next month,if you PM me your email address I,ll send the instructions to you with pictures.

RaeMarie

freddie Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 11

For all those who PM or emailed me for the instructions for the puppy cake , they are on their way.

Good luck on your cakes
RaeMarie

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 11

what category is the puppy cake listed under? I have seen one about 10 years ago, really cute, curious if it is the same idea.

freddie Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 4:28am
post #6 of 11

The Puppy cake that is being mentioned was done by HollyPJ and can be found at:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=46&pos=49#next
and
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=46&pos=48#prev .

Although it can be made to look several different ways.

RaeMarie

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 11

I followed the directions from RaeMarie and the cake was adorable, and also a big hit at my son's school. It was for one of the teacher's daughters. As soon as I can figure out how I will post a picture. Thanks again for all suggestions and the quick responses! icon_biggrin.gif
Kat

lakila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakila Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 7:55am
post #8 of 11

dear freddie,
I would love to make the dog cake. Could you please e-mail me the instructions also?
thanks,
lakila
[email protected]

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 11

Welcome to cakecentral Lakila! Just to let you know..it is best not to post your e-mail address in the public forum but rather to send a PM and include your e-mail address there!! thumbs_up.gif

froggyjustjumpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggyjustjumpin Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 3:33am
post #10 of 11

Here is the Clifford cake that I made sort of using the instructions for the puppy cake. Thanks a bunch for sending them to me.
LL

freddie Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 4:16am
post #11 of 11

Fabulous Clifford Cake, you did a great job Beth!!!
Glad the instructions and pictures I sent could help to get you started. I love when people take the basics then turn it into something original, entirely their own.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%