Air Bubbles Using Sugarshack's Recipe

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 22 Dec 2011 , 10:50pm by Spooky_789

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 5:19am
post #31 of 37

Awesome Sharon, it looks like a spa treatment for you KAicon_smile.gif What is on your counter? I've been putting down wax paper, but I would love to do something reusableicon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 5:41am
post #32 of 37

That is just a big bath towel. When I get ready to do a lot of mixing, I put the big bath towel under the mixer and along the counter. That contains a lot of the mess while making lots of batter and icing. I leave it there to catch the wetness from the spa treatment. Then when all done, I ball up all the towels and right into the washer they go. And then counter clean up is a breeze!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 6:45am
post #33 of 37

And this is why you made my hero list. This is a much better plan and we have tons of old towels I can use just for this purpose. Cheaper, greener and cleaner...yippee!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 6:50am
post #34 of 37

icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 3:53pm
post #35 of 37

Christeena: I would have to say that I use 10 T because of the type and brand of flavorings that I use. There are some that I wouldn't use that much in because it would be too strong. Flavorings such as Loranns or wedding bouquet would be too strong. I use a mixture of clear butter and clear vanilla from Wilton. I have had the best results in this area with that so I switched back from other brands.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 10:43pm
post #36 of 37

Inspired: Gotcha! Really makes a dif on what brands you use and their strength in flavor!

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 10:50pm
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiedoescakes

Does anyone know the amount of high ratio, in weight not cups, for SugarShacks original recipe?

I do my measurements in grams. The reason for this, according to the nutrition label on my box of HRS, a tablespoon (which is considered one serving) weighs 13 grams. So, for my 5 qt KA, I use Sharon's recipe of 5.5 cups of HRS. There are 16 tablespoons in a cup. So 13 g. x 16 T. x 5.5 c = 1144 grams.

So if your scales has a gram option, just check the label on your HRS, see how many grams one tablespoon weighs and times it by the number of cups you need x 16 tablespoons.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%