Freezing My Cake Pop Mixes?

Decorating By mom2ethanxemma Updated 15 Dec 2011 , 5:56pm by mom2ethanxemma

mom2ethanxemma Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 3

First off, I'm Danielle icon_smile.gif I am brand spanking new here (first post). I have recently started my own pastry business about 2 months ago and just recently have started having orders pour in. All so far, have been for cake pops so I've been making gift baskets left and right. The problem is, most are just ordering a dozen here of one flavor and a dozen there of another and of course the mix makes way more than that!

My question is...after I have rolled out the cake balls that I need to, can I put the rest of the mix into a freezer bag, mark the flavor and freeze it and expect to be able to thaw it for future orders and it still taste good? I know for normal cake batter you have the problem of the cake not wanting to rise if you were to freeze it then thaw and bake it. But since the cake is already cooked and prepared for cake pops, I thought maybe it would be okay to freeze and use at a later date.

Any advice would be great! Thanks ladies!

2 replies
jgifford Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 3

I've done this several times. If I've had a small order or just too much mix. I double bag it and make sure I get all the air out. I've only frozen it for 2 weeks, so I don't know if you can keep it longer than that.

mom2ethanxemma Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 3

Oh thank you! icon_smile.gif I appreciate the tip. Yea, I wouldn't want to freeze it for too long but as long as I know I can freeze it just for now instead of waste it, that makes me feel a lot better icon_smile.gif Thanks for the advice, I am sure I'll be back for more. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%