Tip For Christmas Tree?

Decorating By esangston Updated 16 Dec 2011 , 3:33pm by TexasSugar

esangston Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 5

Posting this in cakes, even though I'm using cupcakes as my base, they aren't iced 1 by 1 but as a whole on a cone....

I'm doing a mini cupcake Christmas tree... I'm putting them all on and then icing to give it a more uniformed look so I'm not doing this cupcake by cupcake.... I was dead set on using my leaf tips as I have a small, medium and large.... (352 etc) But then I look at pics of where people have decorated christmas trees and a lot use a star tip.... Of which I do have small medium and large....I think... But a lot of the star tip trees looked really bad and I couldn't find anyone who had done it with leaf tips.... I found one or two trees that looked amazing with the star tip.... I did find fondant trees that were done in a similar fashion as I imagine the leaf tip would turn out and they looked good...

I guess I'm just a lil iffy... I don't want it to come out looking sloppy as this is a great chance to drum up some business...

Btw need a response by tonight! Yeah I know I'm soooo last minute!

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 5

Best thing to do is load a piping bag with a coupler and pipe a few trees using both the leaf and the star tips then see which ones you like best. It's all in "what works for you." Be sure to post pix when you're done! icon_biggrin.gif

esangston Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Best thing to do is load a piping bag with a coupler and pipe a few trees using both the leaf and the star tips then see which ones you like best. It's all in "what works for you." Be sure to post pix when you're done! icon_biggrin.gif

I was afraid someone would say that lol... Unfortunately they aren't individual trees... But one big 2ft tall cone covered in over 200 mini cupcakes lol... Yes I'm gonna be piping all night long hahaha...

kakeladi Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 5

I have done them both ways. The trick to doing them with star tip is to pull the star somewhat. You want sort of a tree made w/a tip like 16 or 18.
I feel the leaf tip makes a nices tree but takes a bit longer to do then the star tip. Hope that helps you.

TexasSugar Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 5

There is a tip that is like 74 or 75 that I have used for the trees. It looks mostly like a star, but one side is more flat.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30DB31-475A-BAC0-5ED1961209FACA13&fid=3E3324D3-475A-BAC0-5A41A71458EF491B

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%