Silver Dust On Blue Flowers

Decorating By rosech Updated 17 Dec 2011 , 9:43pm by GracieCakesandCupcakes

rosech Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 6

Can I use silver or gold dust on blue flowers?

5 replies
cheesecakes-galore Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 6

I think that silver dust would add a nice touch. I've never tried it, but it makes me think of a light dusting of snow where it is sparkling.

Wildgirl Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 5:08am
post #3 of 6

I was wondering about using some sort of dusting/shimmer on some rose I was going to make - and then I thought I remembered that it couldn't be used on buttercream - ? I could also be wrong as I still have tons to learn. But if it is the case then it might be effected by what you're making the flowers with.

Hopefully it won't be a problem because it sounds like it would look gorgeous. Especially this time of year.

soozicake Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 5:41am
post #4 of 6

I have used silver and white on blue with great results, can add a nice dimension. Lilac shimmer on blue roses also good. Would add photo but knocked and smashed it on the floor, doh. I love my dusts and have a great time experimenting with color on color (love shimmers on chocolate).

Cupcations Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 6
Originally Posted by rosech

Can I use silver or gold dust on blue flowers?

I used gold on blue flowers (link below) and a couple of days later my cupcakes were featured on Cupcakes Take the Cake... So GO FOR IT icon_biggrin.gif

GracieCakesandCupcakes Posted 17 Dec 2011 , 9:43pm
post #6 of 6

I have used silver and white pearl dust on blue chocolate before with great results! Go for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%