Playing With Unique Extracts...who Has Done It?

Decorating By Brandyf817 Updated 18 Dec 2011 , 1:37pm by Ashleyssweetdesigns

Brandyf817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandyf817 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 4:42am
post #1 of 7

I am looking at Silver Cloud Estates extracts. I am wanting to make some new unique flavored cakes. I am looking as the Jasmin and Lavender. Has anyone baked with this type of extracts. Also for champagne cake, can I use the extract? What are your thoughts on using extracts?

6 replies
esangston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esangston Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 4:56am
post #2 of 7

So I clicked on this post thinking you were talking like root beer concentrate or rum extract lol... Ive heard of people doing jasmine or lavender cupcakes... Mostly on cake wars... And champagne cake? I'd assume the bubbly would add to the cake the extract couldn't... But hey you can always give it a whirl lol

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 5:12am
post #3 of 7

I have tasted tea cookies with lavender in them. Lavender, to me, gave the cookies the smell and taste of soap. I prefer to stay away from it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Brandyf817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandyf817 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 9:39am
post #4 of 7

See I have not yet made champagne cake, but I do want to try it soon! I am just wanting to come up with some crazy flavor mixtures. It should be fun! I am still looking for Bridal shows in my area, the only one worth attending is Jan 9th, which is just too soon, and it is 950$!! I am trying to find one for half that. But I read on here how someone did 4 cakes, one for each season, I thought it would be really neat to have the cake flavor match the season as well. So I think I may just have to order these extracts and play with them. I will leave lavender out. Maybe rose might be better? hmmm.

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 11:43am
post #5 of 7

I personally don't like lavender food items, but I know people who do. I wouldn't rule it out, but just do a minimal amount. You might find a niche! You sound very adventurous.

megpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megpi Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 11:02am
post #6 of 7

As far as extracts go I've used rose and orange flower water. I love the rose on it's own or with raspberry and the orange flower water either on it's own or mixed with citrus.

As for lavender, I've used ground dried flowers in cookies before and they were quite good, I think the key is not overdoing it. Lavender also pairs well with lemon.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 7

I always thought about doing a pink champagne cake but not sure how to incorporate the champagne I'll have to look up some recipes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%