Icing And Filling Suggestions.

Baking By kel58 Updated 26 Dec 2011 , 5:36pm by kakeladi

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 3:04am
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone.
My mom and Step-Dad just brought me a Wilton Mini Fancy fill cake pan set and a Pineapple Upside Down cake mix and my step-dad would like me to make him a cake.
Is that flavor any good? iv never had pinapple upside down cake and we don't sell the mix here in Canada.
What kind of icing would go it? and what would work well as a filling? Also I usually doctor any mix with pudding and sour cream. Would that still work?
Thank you for any suggestions.
Kelly

4 replies
melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 3:38am
post #2 of 5

I have never tried the Pineapple Upside Down cake mix, but I have made my share of Pineapple Upside Down cakes from scratch. The scratch cake is made by pouring the cake batter over a mix of butter, brown sugar and pineapple that is spread in the bottom of the pan and then when flipped over becomes the "icing".
I'm assuming the cake mix you have is a pineapple flavored cake. If so, I have used cream cheese icing with pineapple cake and it goes together great. For The filling I would use some crushed pineapple, boiled down with some cornstarch to thicken.
You could also use a whipped cream icing with pineapple filling.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 3:08am
post #3 of 5

Thank you for the reply. The picture on the box looks like the cake was bakes with the butter, brown sugar, and pineapple in the bottom but the instructions say nothing about it.
Maybe I could still bake it that way??
I like the idea of the whipped cream icing and pineapple filling. I will have to buy myself some pineapple tomorrow.
Thanks

fellascarpet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fellascarpet Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 11:48am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel58

Hello everyone.
My mom and Step-Dad just brought me a Wilton Mini Fancy fill cake pan set and a Pineapple Upside Down cake mix and my step-dad would like me to make him a cake.
Is that flavor any good? iv never had pinapple upside down cake and we don't sell the mix here in Canada.
What kind of icing would go it? and what would work well as a filling? Also I usually doctor any mix with pudding and sour cream. Would that still work?
Thank you for any suggestions.
Kelly

i think pineapple flavour is the best in all flavours ok cake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 5

If you bake the cake w/the 'topping' of pineapple, br sug, etc no icing or filling is used. Usually it is a yellow cake.
If you bake up just the cake as one would a 'regular' cake, then you could fill & ice it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%