Older Baby And Newborn - Ideas Needed

Decorating By ncsmorris Updated 14 Dec 2011 , 6:44pm by ncsmorris

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 5

You all are always full of ideas - I'm currently working on a cake design that has me a little stumped. It's for a baby shower and the client has reqested an "older" baby on top (a one year old, basically) with the newborn "on the side or something. Like they already have one baby boy and the sister is trying to get there."

Any ideas you have are appreciated!!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 2:45am
post #2 of 5

Are you good at making figures? It shouldn't be all that hard to make one a bit bigger. I saw a family at the store today and 'big sister' was mothering baby brother like a mother hen! icon_smile.gif IT was cute. what about having a baby in a carrier adn big sis putting a pasificer in his mouth?

ncsmorris Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 5

That's a cute idea! Thanks icon_smile.gif

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 5

I've seen other cakes where the theme was "another egg in the nest" or "they're adding to their nest" where it's a nest on top and "eggs" to represent the children...so you can maybe do a larger blue egg (even with little legs poking out) and a smaller pink egg to represent the older brother and the baby...hth!

ncsmorris Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 5

LOVE that idea!! I don't know if they'll go for it, but I'll definitely pitch it to them. I think it's a really cute idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%