The Sweetwise Mat Shipping How Long?

Decorating By mandolina Updated 12 Dec 2011 , 11:44pm by BlakesCakes

mandolina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandolina Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 6

I've ordered The Mat from Sweetwise 3 weeks ago. Exactly 3 weeks. I paid via paypal. They wrote me the next day that my order is sent. I live in Serbia. Ok, that's far from USA, but I thought it should be here by now. I don't know what to do. Should I wait a little bit longer or should I write them an email? Or what? Any tips? Anyone? Did anyone from Europe ordered their mat this way? How long did you wait? Thank you all

5 replies
MrsNisch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNisch Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 6

I live in the US and got my mat very quickly. I would definitely contact the company. I'm sure they have a way of tracking where it is and an estimated arrival date.

mandolina Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you MrsNisch, I will definitely contact them. I was so happy when I saw that they ship world wide, but now, I 'm just very disappointed. I saw on their website that they have tracking sistem only in USA. ? icon_surprised.gif But, I will try to contact them, that's only I can do.
Thank you very much for your advice.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 6

I'm sorry about the delay, but you can't possibly fault the people at Sweetwise for that.

I'm sure it passed thru many hands on it's way to Serbia. The holdup is much more likely to be at Serbian customs, if the item even made it that far.

Sadly, it's ALWAYS risky to order from a foreign country. I've had items from the UK arrive in 5 days and in 60 days.....you just never know.

Rae

mandolina Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 6

Yea, it's risky to order from a foreign country, but I live in Serbia. I don't know how much do you know about Serbia, but we don't have Satin Ice fondant, gelatin buterrflies, luster or disco dust, etc. We only have SOMETHING from Wilton and that's it. For that reason, I always look for companies who delivers WORLDWIDE, not just EUROPE UNION. I have some friends who ordered from firstimpressionsmoulds and they get products pretty fast. So, I tried SweetWise. I'm not that sorry about money, it's not so big problem, I just really wanted some products which I cannot buy here, something like The Mat.
I am not disappointed at the SweetWise company, I don't know how I sound, my english is not so great, sorry. I"ve just wanted to say that I'm very sad. I just wanted someone to tell me "Don't worry, I waited mine for 30 days" icon_smile.gif)))
I'm well aware that problem is somewhere between countries, probably on Serbian customs. I will try to contact the SweetWise, and if I don't get my Mat, they should delete Serbia from list. Or, they should just put " only EUROPE UNION" like everybody else. And I.....I will try to get The Mat when I travel somewhere in EU. I will not give up icon_smile.gif
Thank you Rae for your comments, I adore this site and it's very helpful everything I read or see here.
I m not professional baker, but this is the place where I spent every free minute.
Greetings from Serbia icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 6

Oh, I understand completely. I'm sure that Sweetwise has little to no previous experience shipping to Serbia, so this will be a live-an-learn experience for them, too--and perhaps not a good experience for either of you, unfortunately.

Americans tend to think of Europe as on big, happy country, often not realizing that outside the European Union, things can be handled very differently from country to country. Sadly, georgraphy isn't one of our strong suits.

Your English is wonderful--no need to make apologies there. I just wanted other readers to be aware of what the issue might be. People can be very quick to blame a vendor, rather than look at the other reasons why there may have been a problem.

The Mat is packaged in a long tube and I can see how it would appear very suspicious to customs officials. Hopefully, that's the hold up and it'll arrive shortly.

I see many US products being carried by Squires in the UK. I don't think they have The Mat, yet, but it may arrive some day. I'd think that a UK vendor might have more experience shipping to other European countries?

Good luck & best wishes,
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%