Cricut Cake $59.99 At Costco.com!

Decorating By mvucic Updated 15 Dec 2011 , 5:53pm by Jeannem

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11 replies
usmdesigner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usmdesigner Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 12

Someone posted something similar to this a couple of weeks ago, and there was a question of if the site is legit or not.

Can anyone confirm this at a legit purchase?

swishykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swishykitty Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 12

This is on the real Costco.com site. Qualifies for free shipping, going to go for it too!

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 12

Sooo excited! The minute I got the e-mail I fowarded it to my mom, and told her that it was the only thing I wanted for Christmas. Now I have to stay on the "nice list" to make sure I get it icon_biggrin.gif Happy Holidays everyone!

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 12

I just went on their website. It's sold out.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 12

Yeah, it says 'sold out' --- does any of you know if the regular Cricut can be used for both gumpaste and regular paper??

cocoa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocoa2 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 12

the Cricut Cake at costco is on back order if you add it to your shopping cart and check out it will be ship to you when the next order comes in on 12/16/2011....they want charge you for it until its shipped...

cindy458 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy458 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 8:11pm
post #8 of 12

just went to costco.com and down at the bottom of the page it says no additional items will be available. icon_cry.gif really want one of these.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 8:36pm
post #9 of 12

I bought mine last month from cricutmachine.com. Since I noticed the posts about people issuing using their credit information on that site, I used my Discover card which allows me to use a virtual number which can only be used once. Some other cards allow for the same thing. I got my cricut in a matter of days. It even included a seasonal cartridge. Haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet.

dstippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstippy Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 8:57pm
post #10 of 12

Just ordered it. They are currently out of stock, but will ship when in stock December 16. Just add to your basket and continue to check out.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 9:18pm
post #11 of 12

Just something to keep in mind when buying an electronic cutter: The cricut is low in price to purchase, but in order to cut, you will need to purchase cartridges which can add up. Electronic Cutters such as the Silhouette allow you to use your computer and software to print just about anything without any extra cost. WHile the Silhouette is more expensive to start with, over time, if you really plan to take advantage of the electronic cutting, you may want to reconsider. IN addition, again, if you really want to use the electronic cutter a lot, the blades that come with the machines you purchase off the shelf are not designed for edibles. What that means is over time the blade will dull, similar to a knife would. The silhouettes blade removes and it can be replaced with a food grade industrial blade that can be purchased from Linda McClure. But it really all depends on how much you expect to use it. Just about every electronic cutter is a great addition to cake decorating so you cant go wrong, but it is important to consider the long term!

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 5:53pm
post #12 of 12

I ordered this a few minutes ago--it has already gone to fulfillment, so they must have it in stock.
I've been wanting this for awhile, and just couldn't pay the huge price. Hopefully I'll like it...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%