Please Help. Need Pme Classes In Houston Tx

Decorating By vgcea Updated 12 Dec 2011 , 6:39pm by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 7:32am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone. I'm trying to find PME diploma classes in Houston/Katy/Sugarland area. I'm willing to drive an hour to a site if outside the areas I listed.

I found one place but the reviews were not great.

Thanks!

4 replies
janiceing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janiceing Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 5

Please tell me what PME is? Thank you.

vgcea Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 5

I couldn't find the exact meaning of "PME" even on their website. Based on what I have read the program is a UK based (also in the US) professional cake decorating course. 3 modules, 25 hours each.

So far it's the only program I have found that is a middle ground between the basic Wilton courses and getting a college degree to become a pastry chef.

I want to go beyond Wilton but I don't want to have to enroll in college. I'm hoping that I can at least find equivalent programs (if not PME itself) in my area.

jeartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeartist Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 5

Have you checked out Cake Craft Shoppe in SugarLand? I know they have had classes in the past that offered some sort of diploma or designation.

vgcea Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for responding. Cake Craft Shoppe is the only one I've been able to find. So far the online reviews about the classes are not so great. Maybe someone here has taken the classes recently and has better reviews? I was deflated when I read them because that location is quite accessible for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%