Candy Bar Flavored Cake

Baking By wafawafa Updated 30 Dec 2011 , 6:06pm by wafawafa

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 6:23am
post #1 of 13

hello

I was asked to make cakeltets each one with diffent candy bar flavor , like twix m snickers, mars , flakes and so one

I made a sample with flake candy bar with no success what i did is that i grinded te mini bars freeze them added them to the batter but the flavor wasnt there

Any help or suggestions appreciated
Thanks

12 replies
wafawafa Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 13

BOOOOOMB

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 13

I've never made this so can't tell how good it might be but I have this recipe that is supposed to taste like Almond JOy
2 dark choc cake mixes, 2 c cake flour, 2 c sugar, 1/3 c cocoa powder, 3/4 tsp salt, 2 pkg choc fudge pudding mixes, 1 2/3 c white chocolate coconut creamer, 1 1/3 c coffee, 8 egg whites or 6 eggs, 2 c sour cream, 1/3 c oil, 1 tsp almond flavor, 2 tsp coconut flavor--I will go thru some of my recipes to see if I have anything else

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 13

Hi,
I'm sorry I have no suggestions for you other than to add maybe some carmel and choc flavoring .
Crushed up real fine nuts . I really just wanted to post something because you sat here with no response. Lots of views and no responses. Sometimes makes me sad. Hope you figure something out.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 13

Making a candy bar flavored cupcake is going to involve a great deal more than merely grinding up the candy bar and adding it to your batter. For example, creating a turtles cupcake involves considering what flavors and ingredients make up the unique flavor of a turtles candy and building a cupcake that includes those flavors so that the final product represents the flavor profile of the candy without necessarily including the candy.

http://www.bakersroyale.com/cupcakes/chocolate-turtle-cupcakes/

I'm going to guess that is the reason you've had plenty of views and few responses. People may want to help, but don't know where to begin to answer your question. As a start, you might try Googling the individual candy bar names followed by the word cupcake (eg. twix cupcake--for which the following might be a good starting point: http://oxfordimpressions.blogspot.com/2010/10/twix-cupcakes.html ) and see what comes up.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 13

The trick is to recreate the components of a candy bar through cake.
The flake will be hard because to me the flake is more about texture than flavor. For that one, I would make a milk chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream and crumbled flake sprinkled on the buttercream and then stick a 1/2 flake into the buttercream.

For other candy bars I find it a little easier.
I used Melvira's snickers idea. I made a chocolate cake, noughet filling and a layer of caramel and peants and frosted in chocolate ganache.

There are lots of ways to do the nougat. I made mine using Rich's Bettercream, white chocolate pudding and malt powder. Other people make nougat by adding caramal to their buttercream. I think the malt flavor is just a bit closer.
To do the layer of caramel and peanuts, I bought pre-packaged caramels, melted them with a little water. Poured them onto a greased piece of wax paper and spinkled the peanuts on to them. I did this directly in the pan size I needed but you can cut it pretty easily. Frost with poured or whipped ganache.

For something like an almond joy, I would do a chocolate cupcake, coconut cream filling (bettercreme with coconut pudding and toasted coconut. Frost with ganache and sprinkle with almonds.

Twix is harder because of the cookie crunch. I've never done it but I think I would use the cookie trick. In just thinking out loud, I would line the cake pan in shortbread cookies (or crush them and add a little butter to make a crust. Pour a yellow cake batter on top. Bake. Then add the layer of caramel. Cut to shape and cover in poured ganache.

Just some ideas to get you started. Good luck.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 13

and reeses a chocolate cake with peanut butter fulling mixed with reeses bits yummyyyyy (and im not even a peanut butter fan lol) or you can do it the opposite way and use peanut butter cake instead

wafawafa Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 9:00am
post #8 of 13

thanks too alllll of you ,, all your inputs are helpful

I will do another test again and I will inform u with th eresults

wafawafa Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 3:29am
post #9 of 13

I have done a test today add twix bar chopped to the batter of chocolate cake but the flavor wasnt there

Is it enough to add the chopped candy bar to the layerss of the cake ? will the flavor be obvious ?

cindy1952 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1952 Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 12:12am
post #10 of 13

at our Tennessee ICES day of sharing we had a chocolate cake and some mini peanut butter cups. a clever lady chopped up the cups and mixed them with buttercream for the filling. that's it, and it was delicious.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 4:26am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch

Making a candy bar flavored cupcake is going to involve a great deal more than merely grinding up the candy bar and adding it to your batter. For example, creating a turtles cupcake involves considering what flavors and ingredients make up the unique flavor of a turtles candy and building a cupcake that includes those flavors so that the final product represents the flavor profile of the candy without necessarily including the candy.

http://www.bakersroyale.com/cupcakes/chocolate-turtle-cupcakes/

I'm going to guess that is the reason you've had plenty of views and few responses. People may want to help, but don't know where to begin to answer your question. As a start, you might try Googling the individual candy bar names followed by the word cupcake (eg. twix cupcake--for which the following might be a good starting point: http://oxfordimpressions.blogspot.com/2010/10/twix-cupcakes.html ) and see what comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

The trick is to recreate the components of a candy bar through cake.
The flake will be hard because to me the flake is more about texture than flavor. For that one, I would make a milk chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream and crumbled flake sprinkled on the buttercream and then stick a 1/2 flake into the buttercream.

For other candy bars I find it a little easier.
I used Melvira's snickers idea. I made a chocolate cake, noughet filling and a layer of caramel and peants and frosted in chocolate ganache.

There are lots of ways to do the nougat. I made mine using Rich's Bettercream, white chocolate pudding and malt powder. Other people make nougat by adding caramal to their buttercream. I think the malt flavor is just a bit closer.
To do the layer of caramel and peanuts, I bought pre-packaged caramels, melted them with a little water. Poured them onto a greased piece of wax paper and spinkled the peanuts on to them. I did this directly in the pan size I needed but you can cut it pretty easily. Frost with poured or whipped ganache.

For something like an almond joy, I would do a chocolate cupcake, coconut cream filling (bettercreme with coconut pudding and toasted coconut. Frost with ganache and sprinkle with almonds.

Twix is harder because of the cookie crunch. I've never done it but I think I would use the cookie trick. In just thinking out loud, I would line the cake pan in shortbread cookies (or crush them and add a little butter to make a crust. Pour a yellow cake batter on top. Bake. Then add the layer of caramel. Cut to shape and cover in poured ganache.

Just some ideas to get you started. Good luck.

Did you read these two excellent posts?

fellascarpet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fellascarpet Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 11:23am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafawafa

hello

I was asked to make cakeltets each one with diffent candy bar flavor , like twix m snickers, mars , flakes and so one

I made a sample with flake candy bar with no success what i did is that i grinded te mini bars freeze them added them to the batter but the flavor wasnt there

Any help or suggestions appreciated
Thanks

Really sorry dear i have no idea about this. that's why i can't share any information in this post..

wafawafa Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 6:06pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks all for ur great comments I found out that chopping the bars and mix them with the buttercream is the best way to show up the flavor

Thaaaaanks alot

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%