Vinyl Fondant Mat By Sweet Wise

Decorating By Ana2466 Updated 9 Dec 2011 , 8:11pm by melanie-1221

Ana2466 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ana2466 Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 5

Has anybody used the vinyl fondant mat by Sweet Wise? I saw their video on youtube and although it looks really interesting, I am wondering if anyone has tried it?

4 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 5

I have it and many other people have it. Some people love it some people hate it. I will tell you this, you will probably hate it the first few times you use it because it has to be broken in...kind of like your favorite shoes. I really like mine but I did read ALL of the threads and I broke it in by playing with old pieces of fondant etc. There is an additional youtube video on troubleshooting it. Watch that first. You have to use it several times before it's seasoned enough to work smoothly. I love love the fact that I can take breaks while I'm rolling it out...leave it covered while I prep my cake. I just don't have to stress about my fondant drying out.

MarianInFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarianInFL Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 5

I love mine, too. It's so much easier with The Mat, and I think so much more sanitary, too. No fondant up to the elbows.

dlyoung Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlyoung Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with the comments about the Mat. I love it now but didn't at first. Once I used it a few times, I couldn't imagine being without it. It does take time to get seasoned.

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 5

I have it and LOVE it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%