willo25w Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of

i FORgot about a cake due tomorrow for a very very dear Aunt ,,, her husband loves fisihing and has a boat that his dad left him......it a small tin boat and nothing fancy, but how do I even start, will I have enough time to make and it to dry, I use homemade MMF, and i can add in some gumpaste to dry quicker,, but IDK what imma do!!! Any suggestions ? ? ?

4 replies
justkist Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 4:31pm
post #2 of

I would recommend STRAIGHT gumpuste to make the boat so it will dry enough. Fondant will not be dry enough in one day (or maybe at all). If you have to go with fondant then I would say work ALOT of Tylose powder into the fondant,.

wildflowercakes Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 5:37pm
post #3 of

Do you have a particular design you have to follow? What if you cut the cake to the shape of the boat covered the outside in a grey fondant, make the inside a little darker grey put a couple of wood looking slats for seats. Make some fish out of fondant and write something like "Look who reeled in another one, Happy ? Birthday...."

willo25w Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:22pm
post #4 of

yes, I uploaded a picture to go with my question, i thought....so its probably randomly in with other pictures now!!! floating around cake central...lol.....I had someone tell me to use rice krispy treats....so Imma try that....lol Thanks ladies

joycesdaughter111 Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:56pm
post #5 of

The boat in my photos is made of RKT, then covered with candy melts, then plain old fondant which dried nicely over night. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%