1St Wedding Cake...need Suggestions

Decorating By yellowrosie Updated 9 Dec 2011 , 2:15pm by eastercand

yellowrosie Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 3

My sister and her fiance' have just decided to get married Dec. 23rd. She asked me to make her a wedding cake which I am excited about but nervous. I'm not in the cake business....just love to bake. So, tell me what comes to your mind when you hear "Christmas Wedding Cake". She's interested in red velvet and buttercream. I'm kinda thinking peppermint. Also, how do I make it look "frosty"...like winter. Two things I do know: It will be a small two teired cake and she has asked for roses. Looking forward to reading your replies!

2 replies
leah_s Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 3

1. Use SPS as your support system.
2. Cover the outside in Sparkling Sugar (not sanding sugar).
3. Can't help on flavors, since I think Red Velvet is the grossest cake on the planet.

eastercand Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 3

I typed winter cake with roses, or winter wedding in the search bar in the upper right hand corner, and these are some that popped up. Looks easy to do and fairly quick. Roses can be ordered online at www,cakedeco.com if you have a time crunch. Sometimes I get a bunch of pictures and take portions of each and make it my own cake.

this last one is so beautiful how they incorporated holly leaves with the roses.

Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck, post pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%